He hit her.

This is quite droll, but what happened in the next years, would simply be me repeating myself over and over again, with small changes.

Missy continued drinking. She wasn't even there. 

Richard continued beating her. Continued spoiling Melony, and didn't give a second though to Xeyem or Katt.

Xeyem was a teenager now. 17. He was a quiet, self kept boy. Spent his time reading and in his room. 

Little Katt was now 5 and was also very self kept. She stayed in Xeyems room, her parents not giving her own. She slept on the bed and he slept on the couch, downstairs. He read to her, and she became wonderfully smart. She could read, despite the fact her parents hasn't enrolled her in school. They had a look of astonishment when Katt started coming out of X's room. Like they had really forgot and didn't know where the child came from

Melony was 7. She was in third grade now. Her dad always made sure she had the best clothes, and anything she needed or wanted. She was a very loud spoiled girl. She demanded things from everybody and had no manners. Xeyem and Katt disliked her. They would talk about their plans. Even Katt, only being 5, knew too much. 

Missy had a large scar, running from her forehead to her lip. She became a heavy alcoholic, quitting on everyone. She didn't cry out when he hit her anymore, she didn't cry, she didn't care.

Xeyem had a job, he worked at the book store his mother used to. He didn't get paid as much but it was good enough for him and little Katt. On his birthday, they sat in his room and ate a cake they had baked together. Katt enjoyed these moments, just the two of them. She was happy. She had her own thoughts about her family, even though she doesn't really know them. She's never talked to her mom or her dad. But Xeyem knows shes already grown up and told her everything he knows. She hates her mother and her father.

Its odd, seeing a 5 year old express such emotions but she did. 

Melony was still the star of her fathers life. But one day, a boy called the house, asking for her. Richard was enraged at this. He slammed the phone down, making it shatter to pieces. He ran up to Melonys room and pounded on the pink door. 

Xeyem and Katt both looked at the wall he shared with Melonys room as her music turned off and she opened the door.

Richard stepped in Melonys room and began yelling at her, far more than he had ever. He had never raised his voice at her, because she was perfect. She didn't do anything wrong.

Melony instantly threw herself into a fit. Crying and screaming, stomping her feet. Xeyem and Katt hear her wail one last time before a smacking noise. Then it stopped. Richards eyes had gone dark as he hit his child.

This was the first time he hit his 7 year old daughter.