Moving on

When Katt woke up the next morning, the doctor told her she could go home that day. She would need to see a therapist but other than that she should get better soon, with a healthy diet and plenty of fresh air.

When they undid her from all the machines, she immediately leaped up and ran to the room next to hers. She saw Melony rushing the nurse to hurry up on getting her on the bed. Both girls smiled happily and Katt ran to her, wrapping her in a huge hug. 

Katt didn't even notice her missing foot, the doctor having to cut it off before the infection spread. They both started crying tears mixed with joy and overwhelming senses of freedom.

Katt and Melony sat in Melonys bed for hours, none of the nurses or doctors or even Missy wanting to interrupt their reunion. They traded stories on what they had told the Detective and what he told them. Together they used their pieces of information to gather that Richard would be going to Jail, tried, and hopefully put in prison for life for his crimes.

Melony hadn't heard about X and they began to cry again, this time in sorrow, for their protector. They finally pulled themselves together and put on smiles. They didn't even know what to do. Never had they had a normal life. They were excited to see what it would be like, to have a mother to raise them both and no one their to hurt them.

When they were about to go Missy knocked on the door and leaned on the frame "Ready to go home, girls?" They both nodded, their smiles fading slightly. How could they trust her again? They hadn't thought about the remaining resistance they would have for being left in the hands of their mother. She married a man she barely knew, she brought them both into his torturous world, then she left them and her son for him to do as he pleased with them. Nothing she had ever done or ever could do would make her worthy of their trust.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When they left the hospital, and were all safely in the car, Missy informed them they would be moving. That she didn't want them living in that house. They would be going to her house she had bought with her savings back in her hometown. 

Both girls were okay with leaving the house. It only held bad memories. Except for those fleeting moments of joy with their big brother in his room. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When everything was packed up and they left their house. Both girls turned their backs, took each others hands and walked away, never looking back once. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the long drive to their new home, the girls looked at the house timidly. It wasn't as large as their other house. It didn't have a very large back yard and it looked like it was falling to pieces. They got out of the car, Melony with some assistance from Missy, and stood on the sidewalk, looking up at their new home.

Missy put an arm around each of them and kissed them both on the top of the head. "Welcome home, angels."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They got unpacked and started forming a routine for their new lives. It was summer so they didn't have to worry about school yet. Melony was going to be home schooled but Missy was planning on sending Katt to the public school. 

The two girls started seeing the therapist. First, both girls at once, but then she thought it would be beneficial to split them up. They both had one hour sessions and the woman would end up crying and hugging the children, more for her own comfort. Neither girl understood the point of seeing this woman, when really they were comforting her more than helping them feel better.

They were told to tell her every detail they remembered, and these poor girls remembered it all. This caused even more distress upon their therapist and she ended up requesting that the girls see someone else.

The girls shrugged it off when they met the new woman. She was older than the last, with many lines on her face showing how much shes seen and been through. She looked more experienced than the last and the girls were hopeful. They recanted their story to her, getting farther with her than the last, but in the end, she gave up on them too.

Missy was furious. Why couldn't they find a decent person to talk to the girls. They went through 7 different woman, none of them being able to hear their story to the end. They went to every agency in the city but word had spread of the girls through their line of business, and none of them wanted to end up like the last. As they went through doctor after doctor, Melony became discouraged. Why didnt any one want to help them?

Finally, Missy caved. She didn't want the girls to see a male therapist, considering, but there was only one person left. He was known to be the best, helping record breaking numbers of patients get better. He seemed to be the most talented at what he did. Surely he would be able to stand the girls story.

When the two went in to meet him, he looked cold. Very emotionless. He had thick raven colored hair that curled down but stopped before his eyes. They were a dark grey color and he truly looked like he came out of a vampire movie. He had a strong jawline and very clean cut bone structure. His name was Dr.James.

He was the one that would last.

The girls told him their story, every detail, for weeks and weeks it went, for they had so much to tell. He didn't falter once. He talked with them, showed  Katt how see the better in the world, helped Katt realize not everyone was like their father. Katt improved immesely, drinking in his every word and moving on quickly, but Melony, seemed to only get worse. She slumped into a depression, hard for a child but she did.

Weeks passed and Katt got better and better. She started reading again, the color returned to her face, a smile was almost alwasy plastered to her face. She was becoming a child again and everyone was happy for her. Slowly, Melony and her started to drift apart. While Katt got better, Melony simply got deeper into her sorrows. She wouldn't talk to Dr. James anymore. Simply sit their and let him talk at her. 

She kept herself, not talking to Missy, only to Katt, and even then it was hushed whispers about nonsense. Nothing important.

Dr. James tried everything with Melony, but it seemed everything he said made things worse. She refused to wear any bright clothes Missy bought her. When Missy refused to buy depressing things, Melonys at in the same clothes for a week. Finally Missy caved and bought her the dark clothes she desired.

As things went on, Katt improving and taking on the real world, Melony secduing herself from it and staying in her own world, and Missy working and trying to do whatever she could for the girls. They recieved a letter. It was from X.

Dear Katt and Melony,

I'm sorry but I won't be coming to see you. The order expires in 3 days but I won't be there. I can't face you girls. It kills me everyday that I didn't do anything to stop that bastard from hurting you. O'm sorry but you girls deserve better, and I didn't keep my promise. I love you both and I hope maybe one day you can forgive me and I can forgive my self.

Love, 

X