Time for business.

The next couple weeks were rough for them. To say the least.

The funeral was set to be in a week. It had already been 7 days since Katt found her sister hanging from the tree. She slept for 2 days straight, not eating anything or bothering to get up. Finally she went downstairs to discover a stressed Missy, who was cooking and talking to the funeral home. She was arguing and obviously on the verge of tears. 

When she saw Katt finally out of her room she gave her a weak smile, piling pancakes up onto a plate and sliding it in front of her. She left the room so that Katt could eat in peace. Katt just looked at the food. She just sat there letting the smell of the freshly cooked food wrap around her before finally picking up the entire plate and dumping it in the trash.

Despite how hard Katt tried, how far she had come, she couldn't get past this. She bounced back like a rubber band before. But this was just to big of a blow. Missy was on the phone with someone. Probably a bill collector. Things were going to be tight for them with the extra costs.

All she had eaten was small bites of toast and had small sips of tea. She sat on the couch for awhile, just siting there, staring at nothing. She would munch and nibble then go back to looking into nothing. She eventually made herself get up and start helping her mom. 

Helping her organize phone numbers, bill statements, and anything else to try and help with the money problem. They did so in silence but at least Katt was doing something. Katt snuck all of her years of allowance into her mothers purse. It only added up to about $650 but that would be enough for rent at least.

Arrangements were made and lasagnas were baked.

'How helpful, because when I'm missing my sister I can eat some lasagna and feel better." Katt mumbled as she added yet another dish to their fridge. That was the 7th. Always lasagna. For some reason the housewives thought that a dish of pasta made everything okay.

She shook her head as she heard Missy whisper her name and gesture at the door. 

Someone knocked on the door loudly and Missy walked to the back of the house, not wanting to be disturbed again. Katt sighed and opened the door, expecting another lasagna with another housewife with another smile plastered on her face.

She opened the door and looked up. So many emotions flooded her. Happiness, sadness, anger, nostalgia. She shook her head refusing to allow any of these emotions to show. She managed to keep her face completely blank and just looked right through the man who decided he would finally grace them with his presence. She left the door open and turned around, slowly trotting up the stairs to her room where she slammed the door.

The man sighed and walked inside the house, taking a look around as he closed the door. He saw his reflection in the mirror and thought he looked like hell. Unshaven, bloodshot eyes with dark bags under them, messy hair. 

"We will deal with that later!" Missy hissed into the phone. She flicked it shut and looked up at their guest. She didn't react the same way Katt had. She smiled slowly and softly at him opening her arms.

He smiled back, lightly and walked into her arms, even though he towered above her. They pulled away and looked at each other. 

"Hey mom." was all he said.

"Hello Xeyem." She said as she rest a hand on his cheek