Third Year ~ Chapter One

Maddy's POV

I packed up all my stuff into the medium size trunk. I was so excited to go back to HogWarts.

For the whole summer I have only gotten about 21 hours of sleep. I have terrible nightmares and I live alone in a hidden apartment.

I used to live with my mother, who was also a witch. She used to cuddle me when I had nightmares, unfortunately that was every night. She was murdered by, another witch. But we don't know who. My father was a wizard too. He was murdered the same day as my mother. The wizard world thinks the same witch killed him. It's only my third year at HogWarts.

I entered the platform nine and three quarters and waited for my best friend, Draco Malfoy. "Hey." Draco said coming up to me.

"Hi. We better go get seats before there's none left." I said entering the train.

We found two seats and I sat by the window. "Bloody hell it's cold in here!" Draco said pressing his side against mine.

"So you press me against the window?" I hissed at him.

"It'll keep our sides warm! What's your problem?" He asked.

"I have barley slept. At all. And I'm not looking forward to all the first years." I said rolling my eyes at the last part.

"I never liked first years." He said. Crabbe and Goyle walked in and sat on the seats in front of us.

"Hey Maddy!" Crabbe and Goyle both said.

"Hey guys. Talk to Malfoy I'm so tired, I think I will take a little nap."

I leaned my head against the window. I noticed Crabbe started talking about Pansy. "I'm gonna date her." Crabbe said proudly. I felt Draco chuckle beside me. I closed my eyes and listened to them.

"Hold on." Draco said. I felt his arm wrap around my waist.

"Bloody hell. What are you doing?" Goyle asked.

"She looks rather uncomfortable." Draco said sweetly. We were the only three that knew his sweet side. He took my head and placed it on his shoulder.

I decided to open my eyes and smile at Crabbe and Goyle. They smiled back and chuckled. I pretended to stir in my sleep. I wrapped my arms around his waist and put my head on his chest. He treated me like a girlfriend, I treated him like a boyfriend. But we were just best friends. I fell completely asleep. A nightmares-less sleep.

"Maddy. Wake up." Draco whispered in my ear. I sat up and I had Draco's jacket on.

"Thanks." I said smiling. We got off the train and went up to the Slytherin common room.

Draco went to the boy's dorm. And I went to the girl's dorm to put my stuff away.

"Hey there Maddy how's it going?" A familiar voice asked.

"Lucy! Hey!" Lucy was my other best friend. I used to live with her, before the nightmares got bad.

"I'm guessing you won't be using this bed much?" She said winking at me.

"Actually, I slept in the boy's dorm with Draco last year. So it's his turn to sleep in the girl's dorm with me." I said. I remembered last year so clearly. All the boys didn't want me in there dorm. But Draco didn't want me to sleep alone. Cause he knew the nightmares were bad.

"I'm surprised Draco doesn't know you like him." Lucy said loudly.

"Hush! Before he finds out!" I said.

"Maddy. We all have to go to the Great Hall now." Draco said peeking his head through the doors.

Draco and I walked with our arms linked staring down at the first years. We sat at our table and watched the first years get placed. I remember getting placed. I also remember the first time Draco made my heart flutter. And the first time we all got mail.

~~~Flash Back~~~

I walked into the Great Hall with a blonde boy and my best friend Lucy. "You must be Harry Potter!" The blonde said to scar head. "I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." I saw he was tormenting them so I decided to have some fun too. I walked right up to the kid Draco. "Ah, red hair, that face, hand-me-down cloak. Must be another Weasley." I hissed at the boy infront of me.

"I'm Harry Potter." Said scar head. "More like Harry Potty!" Draco chuckled. "I'm Hermione Granger." A girl said stepping out from behind Potter and Weasley. "Mudblood." Draco hissed. "Quiet! First years please line up here!" A lady said. "Draco Malfoy!" He sat under the hat. "SLYTHERIN" it called. "Maddy Webb!" The teacher called. I sat under the hat like Draco. "Hmmm. Mean, nasty, bully, scared, frightened... SLYTHERIN" he called. I made my way to the Slytherin table. People shook my hand. And Draco smiled at me. He was cute.

We ate the food and got some sleep. The next day was fun. "Mail call!" Dumbledore called. I wasn't gonna get mail. I had no one to receive mail from. Next thing I know a small package dropped out of the air. There was a note on top. It read-

I like you. (Flip it over)

Will you be my bestfriend?

-Draco Malfoy.

I opened the package and there was a necklace. It was a heart. Half of it was green and the other half was silver. "Do you like it?" Draco asked. "Yeah!" I said. "Are you gonna be my best friend?" He asked looking rather annoyed. "Yeah." I said giving a famous Slytherin smirk.

~~~End of Flashback~~~

Draco and I walked back to our dorms to get ready for the night. "Almost done?" He asked entering the girl's dorm.

"I'm done." I said plopping myself on the bed. Draco crawled in beside me and held me against his body. Right when I thought he was completely asleep I whispered in his ear. "I love you, Draco Malfoy." I fell asleep feeling safe in Draco's arms.