Breathless

As I walked up to the huge mansion and knocked on the door my chest tightened with excitement.

The door swung open and there stood Mrs. Malfoy. "Maddy! Hi, we've been expecting you all day. Draco is so excited to see you!" she said.

I smiled and looked up at her with teary eyes, "I'm so excited too, I- I can't even form words right now." I stuttered.

With that Narcissa engulfed me in a tight hug. "I'm so happy to have you in the family, please, never leave." she whispered. I smiled into her shoulder. When she pulled away Draco was standing behind her.

He was wearing jeans and a blue button down shirt, with none of the buttons buttoned. This wasn't the first time that I've seen Draco semi shirtless, but my breath caught just like the first time.

I ran past Narcissa and tightly hugged Draco. My hands balled into fists when I grabbed the back of his shirt. Draco had one had tangled in my hair and the other on my very low back. I was crying now, I was all too happy to see him.

When he pulled me away from him I saw the tears in his eyes, "I missed you so much." he whispered.

Instead of pulling me back into a hug he leaned forward and kissed me deeply. I could feel Narcissa's eyes on my back and I'm sure Lucius was watching too.

When I broke the kiss I buried my head in Draco's shoulder and giggled.

"That was something." Narcissa said.

"I told you they were madly in love." Lucius said back.

I looked up at Draco and stared into his eyes, "Draco, I am madly in love with you." I said quietly.

"And I'm madly in love with you." he said back.

As Lucius and Narcissa talked about our wedding, Draco and I headed up the stairs.

"This is my room," he pointed to a door, "and this is your room." he said pointing to the door across from his.

"Thanks." I said with a small smile. I walked into my room and took a moment to take everything in.

The walls were painted my favorite color, a soft blue. And there were pictures of Draco and I together, some that we took at HogWarts and others from mini field trips. I turned and looked at Draco, "Thank you so much." I said breathlessly.

"I forgot to tell you, but my mom used to be good friends with your parents and she wanted me to give you this." Draco said as he handed me another picture.

I covered my mouth with my hand to keep me from crying out. My vision became blurry as I stared at the picture. It was my parents on their wedding day. I noticed Narcissa as a bridesmaid and Lucius as a groomsman.

The tears were escaping now and I realized just how much I actually missed my parents. I sat down on my bed and held onto the picture as I sobbed. I soon felt Draco's weight beside me and his arms wrapped tightly around my waist.

"We have a whole box of photos of them downstairs, you can go through them with my mom and I, if you want." he whispered in my ear. His breath tickled my cheek.

"Okay." I choked out. I hung the picture above my bed and followed Draco down the stairs and into what must be the living room.

"Oh dear, what happened?" Narcissa said as she saw me.

"I gave her the picture you told me to give her, she hasn't seen them in awhile." Draco said, explaining for me.

"Oh dear, if you want I can show you more." she said.

"Please." I practically begged.

Narcissa grabbed a box from a shelf and led me to the couch where she sat beside me with Draco on my other side.

Narcissa started to take a pile out and flip through them, there were pictures of my mom and dad hanging out, kissing, at parties, and just having fun.

"You should keep this one." Narcissa said.

She handed me a photo of my mom with her arms around her swollen stomach and my dad was in the back ground giving a thumbs up.

I smiled at the picture, that was me inside there.

When Narcissa decided I had enough, she started to make dinner and Draco and I flipped on the tv.

"Oh hey," I started, "sooooo Mr. Weasley has a fascination with muggle things and he gave me this thing called an iPod." I said as I pulled the little device from my hoodie.

I put an earbud in my ear and one in Draco's ear. He looked at me with confusion and when I pressed the play button Draco jumped and pulled the earbud out.

"Bloody hell is that?" he asked.

"It's music, just through a different world." I said as I placed the earbud back in his ear. Love At First Sight by a band called The Brobecks was on.

It was one of my favorites and I looked at Draco as it neared the end. "That was cool." Draco said.

I smiled at him and kissed his cheek just as Narcissa called that dinner was ready.

~~

For the rest of the night Draco and I played little games and cuddled until we were both passed out on the couch.