The Fight ~ Chapter Three

Draco's POV

My arm was linked with Maddy's and we walked into the crowded hall. I can't believe she still had something I gave her from first year. And even the note at that. "The start of our friendship," She said.

Then she actually smiled. Smiled. S m i l e d. At me. She never smiled. It was always a smirk. Was I leading her on? I hoped so. I smirked to myself and walked into potions with Maddy.

"Good morning class." Snape said with a monotone voice.

"Good morning." The class muttered barely audible.

"Today make a potion of your choice." Snape said returning to his desk, he watched us sit there discussing what we wanted to make.

I was paired up with Marcus Flint, I hate him.

Maddy was paired up with Pansy, she hates her.

Marcus and Pansy were both ugly and annoying.

"What potion would you like to do?" Marcus asked me trying to sound annoyed.

"I don't care." I hissed at him. I turned my head to look at Maddy rolling her eyes at Pansy

"I'll do all the work cause you're obviously stupid. And ugly too." Pansy snickered at Maddy.

"Professor Snape. May I go to my dorm I have terrible cramps." Maddy said.

That time of the month. Great. I thought Now she was gonna be all hormonal.

"Yes you may be excused." Snape sneered at her.

She got up and was about to walk out the door when Marcus said, "Can I Slytherin?" I glared at him and thud, I punched him.

"Oh my God!" Maddy said.

"Sorry." I gave a sheepish smile to Snape.

"You may be excused too Mr. Malfoy, I will write sickness notes for the both of you so you can skip the rest of the day.

"Thanks." Maddy muttered. We both walked to the girls dorm. Maddy laid on the bed and I laid beside her looking up at the ceiling.

"Is it really that time of the month?" I asked hopping she said no.

Maddy started laughing, "No, it's not. I just said that so I didn't have to make a love potion with Pansy." She replied shivering at the thought.

"I heard Crabbe was making a love potion for Pansy." I said laughing.

"Good. Then maybe she would stop chasing after you." Maddy said seriously.

"What do you care?" I asked, searching for an answer.

Maddy hesitated before saying, "Well you are my bestfriend."

"Oh okay." It was most likely a lie. I was definitely hoping it was.

"So, what do you want to do for the rest of the day?" Maddy asked.

"I actually have to tell you something very important." I said seriously.