Tough Times

It's been really hard.

It's just been really hard to sit and watch your best friend go through the worst pain in the world. Sure, I had grown close to Harry, but I wasn't absolutely devastated by him getting picked like Lucy was. Now, I would be if it was Draco. That's understandable.

"Would you ever enter your name into the Goblet?" I asked Draco.

"No, I know it would hurt you so much if I got killed. My mother, on the other hand, would ground me forever." he said with a chuckle.

"What about your father?" I asked him softly.

"I honestly don't think he would care much."

"I'm sure he cares, Draco."

"Then why would he make me become what he is? A deatheater. That's the worst thing you could ever make your son go through! He knows the amount of pressure it is, he knows, Maddy. So he doesn't care. He never has and he only will whenever I'm dead because of The Dark Lord." Draco said, his whole face turning red.

"I'm sorry," I said as i pulled him into a tight hug. "I'm so sorry, Draco." I said again.

Draco broke down and cried into my shoulder as I rubbed his back. "Hey," I said.

"Yeah?" Draco asked.

"Let's go have some fun, okay?" I asked him.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean let's go outside and walk around, play some football?" I loved football on a high level. What's more fun than kicking around a ball and potentially injuring someone? Nothing.

Draco and I walked side by side admiring the outside. I heard footsteps behind us and turned around.

"Maddy! Draco!" said a breathless Goyle.

Draco sighed and looked at me.

"Yes, Goyle?" I asked. Goyle then handed me two buttons with Potter's face on it.

"His face turns green and sickly when he walks by!" Goyle said happily. I put them in my pocket so I could throw them away later, but Draco reached in my pocket, grabbed one, and put it on. I gave him a disapproving look, but he just shrugged. I just sighed and started climbing a near by tree.

Soon enough, Draco followed and then Goyle and Crabbe appeared too. They had some trouble climbing, but they finally found a good, but shaking branch to rest upon. "What if they fall?" I asked Draco.

"Then we laugh." he said while chuckling, I giggled too. I saw Harry, Hermione, Ron, and Lucy walking by and Draco must've seen too, cause he jumped down from the tree.

I followed after him to make sure he didn't get into a fight.

Harry walked by and Draco's pin went sickly green. "Draco, are you kidding me?!" I said. He shrugged and started to torment Harry.

"Sorry," I said to Lucy.

"It's okay, gotta let them pick their own fights, right?" she asked with a giggle.

"Yep." I laughed.

From the corner of my eye I saw the dark magic teacher, Professor Moody, raise his wand.

Draco's voice stopped and I heard Hermione laughing along with many others.

"Wait, what the hell?" I asked. Draco was literally a ferret and Moody was controlling him.

"Get a hold of yourself old man!" I screamed at him, snatching the ferret from mid-air.

I looked at the ferret, thinking of a way to change him back. I groaned, "Hermione, help me out here, please?" I asked her.

She grabbed the ferret from my hands and set him on the ground, she said something and Draco stood up.

"Oh sweet Merlin," I said laughing. "Put on some clothes babe." I said covering my mouth with my hand to stiffle an enormous laugh.

Draco turned a bright red and grabbed my wrist with one hand and covering his, you know, with the other.

After he dragged me to our room, he pulled on some clothes and then laid on the bed. "That was humiliating." He whispered.

"Cheer up, it was fun for a little, it's not that bad, no one will remember by tomorrow." I said laying on the bed next to him.

"I sure hope they forget." he said, linking his hand in mine.

"Stop worrying," I said, "Don't worry about anything." I told him.

"Then lets do something." He told me with a grin on his face.

"I know what you're thinking, we'd get caught, too risky." I said.

"You just told me not to worry, Maddy." He said, unzipping my hoodie.

"Fine, not too far, not too dirty." I said.

"I promise, nothing too far, nothing too dirty." He repeated.

Draco started kissing down my neck and back up to my lips, sucking on my collar bone, nipping at it. My hands were at the hem of his shirt, I tugged up a little and Draco replaced my hands with his and took off his shirt, throwing it across the room.

Next was mine, he tugged at it and I put my arms up, allowing him to easily take it off.

I was pressed against Draco, I could feel every movement of his chest and arms. My hands tangled in his hair as he kissed me, running his hands down my back, staying at the bottom. His fingers were looped in my pants.

He was smiling, kissing me was his favorite thing. We were both sitting up and Draco started to lean back. Once I was fully on top of him I felt something against my leg.

I rushed off of him, "I'm so sorry, sweet Merlin." I said.

Draco turned bright red and I rushed away, leaving him behind. As I rushed through the halls, I bumped into Hermione.

"What's the rush?" She asked me.

"Okay don't laugh, I gave Draco a... boner. And I freaked out and left." I said, I could feel my face and neck heat up.

"Maddy, it's okay, things like that happen." She said. I sank down against the wall.

"I know, but uggh! It was so embarrassing!" I said.

"It could've been worse." Hermione said.

"Well I me-" I started, but was cut off.

"Maddy?!" I could hear Draco's voice.

I groaned and stood up as he approached us.

"Hey, I'm sorry. Listen, I was just, you know, can we talk?" He asked awkwardly.

I linked my hand with his and started walking away after I gave Hermione a look.

We were back into our room and Draco was trying to explain.

"Babe, it's okay. I just freaked, it's alright." I said trying to calm him.

"No, it was such a stupid thought in the first place, I should've never even asked you to do what I did." He said.

"It's okay." I said again.

"No, it's no-" I cut him off by kissing him roughly.

"It's okay." I repeated, then kissed him more.

"I love you," Draco said.

"I love you more." I said back.