CHaPTeR eiGHT

As soon as we stepped into the car, I expected a very awkward ride. But unlike my expectations, Mary made the ride very interesting. She filled us in with everything she knew about the Fernandes household, which was almost everything. Turns out, she started working for them when Anthony started his business and she still does. Now she is more like a member of the family than a mere secretary.

"Oh, you'll love Emily. She is like the sweetest person I've ever met in my life and is very frank too. Very unlike the other snobbish wives of other rich business men

And Lucia...oh she's just an angel. You can never say no to anything she asks for with her huge puppy blue eyes. She's our princess. "

"That's good to know, Mary...but what about the boys? I heard that they are very.... what to say...troublesome. .?"

I grinned. I could hear the anticipation in her voice, waiting to squeeze out the 'juicy deets' of the three boys living there from Mary.

"Oh no no...they are the sweetest boys you can ever find!! Well...two of them at least.."

She mumbled the last part under her breath. Then again, becoming excited, she started talking about them.

"Mathew, the eldest, is the perfect gentleman. He's twenty six and..." she partially coverd her mouth with the back of her right hand and leaned towards us as if trying to tell us a top secret. "He is going to propose to his girlfriend of five years to marry him soon.."

"Oh, the internet says that he is already engaged. ." Jules trailed off.

"Pssh...you should never trust these rumours. .anyways..her name is Jennifer and she is a children's counselor. Oh..you'll love her too..

Moving on to Mark, he is twenty two and quite the ladies man. But he'll not be attending the party today,.. he's in California studying at a business college. "

This seemed to bring down all of Mary's enthusiasm.

"Well..I guess wells just meet him when he comes back, right?" I suggested in a cheery voice, trying to cheer her up.

"Yeah. ..he'll be back, Mary. And what about this John guy..?"

At least try not to look so desperate, Jules.

"Well, he is the reason that the both of you are here. So you must know the basics about him. He is... I don't know what to say about him.. why don't you find out on your own? "

She smiled at us and looked out of the window.
Wait, when actually did we reach here? That means that their place is only a five minute distance from our house? Huh.. that would make things more convenient. .

Slowly, the car came to a stop and before I could reach the handle to open the door, the driver had already opened it and was waiting for us to get out.

I gently placed one leg after the other outside and tried to get out by not falling and making a complete fool out of myself before I even reached here.

Jules and Mary also got out and then, Mary led us into the hall, where other guests had already reached.

Their house was huge. Not huge...but huge. You get what I'm saying? Its ten times huger than you are imagining it to be. Yeah...its huge..

And I am rambling.. I sighed to myself. I just hope that all this grandeur doesn't affect my calm...well.. more than it has already, atleast.

"Dont just keep standing there and stare at the outside of the place, its much better in side. Come on now,"

I hadn't reallised that I had actually paused to absorb the beauty of the place.

Well, in my defence, anybody would have the same reaction as I did if they were seeing this place for the first time.

Take Jules, for example. She had stopped walking and had her mouth hung open as she took in the beauty of the brick-walled castle-like building which stood in front of us in all it's might.

At least my mouth was shut.

I tugged her arms and she snapped out of her daze. "Dayyum Q!! Tell them that you'll work for them only if they allow us to stay here for the rest of our lives.. "

I stared at her blankly. "It's not gonna happen, Jules. Stop dreaming..."

"But I wanna!!" She protested and I sighed. Sometimes, three year olds would act nore mature than Jules.

Meanwhile, Mary had lead us to the hall and the two very handsome looking men in suits at the door started pushing the huge doors to the hall open.

Here we go.