CHaPTeR NiNeTeeN

Like a scene in a thriller movie, we had a bunch of people waiting for the next few words of Anthony as if he was holding the cure for all the diseases in the world. Heartbeats could be heard coming from seven people with all seven pair of eyes glued on to one pair. Sweat and tension was palpable... Legs tapping with anticipation, people biting their nails, wiping the sweat off their foreheads...

Umm.. Excuse me..? Yeah, that was mini Q trying to fill in the silence with her useless commentary. Coming back to our current situation, which by the way is not much different from mini Q's perspective, just a little less dramatic (a lot less dramatic), we were all waiting for Anthony to fill us in.

"Will you just speak already? I hate wasting time on such silly matters associated with filthy people." John exclaimed.

Well, does he always keep up his reputation of being a jerkface? Yeah! Does he.. Wait, what?! Who is he calling filthy? Was it us? Oh my god! Look at the guts this child has! Wait till I shove my gun inside his nose and poke a bullet right through his nostril into his brain exploding all his filth out of his skull and I'll smash it on the floor and make all the stray dogs in the island come and eat it.

"Q! Hello? Q?" I snapped out of that wonderful dream when I got fed up of Jules poking me on my shoulder and Emily trying to tickle me.

"Okay! Stop poking me."

"Come, let's go! I've been waiting to check if flipper has come to meet Mr on the shore or not."

"What, go? Wait Jules, let Anthony tell us about what will happen. Then we can go check out your dolphin."

She grinned at me and I saw that everyone else in the room had somewhat similar expressions on their face. Well, everyone except John who's face seems to be fixed in a permanent scowl.

"What? What happened?"

Emily was the one to take a step forward and put me out of my misery. "Well Q, seems like you were daydreaming when Anthony explained his plans right now." Heat spread across my face as I cursed myself for tying my hair in a ponytail as always and not letting it down. I could at least hide behind my hair.

"Don't worry Q, you can go with Jules for now and she will explain what Anthony told us. I'll have someone prepare your bags for you."

Emily had barely finished her sentence and Jules had already dragged me halfway down the hall. This girl has the strength of a twenty year old man and the energy of a five year old.

"Jules, will you please tell me what happened in there?" I tried to ask her as she dragged me all the way to the beach.

"Oh, just what he said earlier. That you and John will have to move to a new safe place so that the villains here don't find you and lose track of you."

"What?! John and I? What about you guys? I mean what? Seriously? Does Anthony think that there is even an iota of a chance that I will go to some random place with that jerk of his son without you? Has he lost his mind? What will.."

"Q, wait!" Jules stops me from storming back into the house in between her fits of laughter.

"What?" I huff at her. This is no time to laugh. I'm in a serious dilemma here.

"I was just messing with you. Of course I am coming! Jerk-boy wouldn't comes without Daniel too. I just wanted to see your reaction," she starts laughing again.

"Well, that was very mean and I should warn you before-hand to be prepared because you are not going to know when my revenge hits you in the face." I warned her and turned my back towards her. Childish, I know.

"Aww Q, don't be like that. It's very hard to prank you so I just wanted to take advantage of the situation."

I chose to ignore her and turned to face the ocean. Jules did too and started her dolphanian shouts once again.

"Q, Jules, come back already! It's time to go!" Daniel shouted from the house and ran back in soon after.

"Wait, go? Where?" I asked Jules. She looked at me with a sheepish grin. "What did you not tell me, Jules?"

"Well, I may or may not have left out the fact that we are supposed to leave today."

"When?"

She looked at the imaginary watch on her left wrist. "I would guess right now."

See, this is why I would rather people tell me something directly rather that pass a message through Jules.

'Well, Anthony did tell you. It was your fault that you chose to space out.'

Who's side are you on?

'I side with justice.' She proclaimed.

Well, then you are more than welcome to leave your humble abode inside my head and go find Justice to live in his/her head.

"Q! You need to see a doctor. Spacing out this often is not normal."

"Who said I'm normal?" I asked her with a grin.

Back inside, we had almost everyone waiting for us to load the cars. The boys were there waiting with Anthony and Emily. Mathew stood there with her arms around Jen's waist.

"Now that everyone's here, I'm telling you the plan. There are three cars waiting for us outside. Mathew, Jen, Emily and I will be in one car. You four will be in another and the third will have all the luggage. The cars will roam around a little with you guys and finally reach the airstrip which has a jet waiting for you guys. Our car will come back afterwards. So, if just in case there is someone out there following us, they will be thrown off track."

Wow, this man's got brains.

We go out and wait for the goodbyes. It is Emily who comes first and engulfs John in one of her signature bear hugs. John passes her a small smile. Wait! Rewind, did I just see Mr. Heart of Stone with a smile on his face. Then surely, there must be pigs flying in the air. I try not to dwell so much on this on watch as Emily comes and hugs the rest of us.

Same follows with Mathew, Jen and Anthony. When the time came for Anthony to bid me goodbye, he said something into my ear which strengthened my resolve to protect John, "I'm trusting you with the life of my little boy, Q. Please don't mess up." There was no humour or sarcasm in his voice but pure hope.

Now that farewell time was over, it was time for us to try and fit into the cars. Now, if it is difficult for you to imagine four growing teenagers fitting into the back of a car, it is because it is hard. All of us were squished inside and barely able to breathe. That's when Jerk- Jo decided to pollute the air further with his words. As if his existence wasn't doing enough of that.

"We wouldn't be in this situation if girls had butts the size they are supposed to be, not extra large." He huffed in annoyance with his eyes trained on mine.

Now, if that's the case, I should be more comfortable on my seat. So I wriggle a little to take up more seat and the others groan.

"Well, jerk-face," I looked at him and said. "I like my big butt just the way it is. At least I have something big, which is doubtful in your case." I trailed off, acting as if I was scanning him head to toe.

"Ooh, burn!" Daniel shouted. With a satisfied grin, I sat a little more decently to provide Jules with space but she decided otherwise, tried to stand up with her upper half bent low to save her head from the car's roof and plopped herself on my lap.

"Now that's more like it." She said with a much more relaxed tone.

A/N: Hope y'all liked this chapter. Please do take a second to stop and vote for the chapter if you did like it. Also, don't be silent readers! Let me know if there is anything you like or if there is something I can do to improve my writing.

-Liz <3