CHaPTeR THiRTeeN

By the time I reached home, it was about three in the morning and Jules was still sprawled on the couch. Removing my shoes at the door, and quietly closing it, I tip-toed to my room so that I don't wake miss Sleeping beauty by mistake.

I closed the door to my room and stripped so that I could wear something which didn't reek of sweat and dirt and sleep till eternity.

Spending some time at the clearing did help me a lot. I could clear my mind and think about the duty Anthony had given me.

I was trained from my childhood years to fight for my safety. My aunt gave up her life to save Jules. This was what we did. Many a times, before my uncle went over seas, the department would need us to go undercover to many missions because we were kids and hey! Kids are innocent right? No one would be suspicious of us! And because of so many times of being in extreme life-threatening situations, I wasn't scared of protecting John.

I wasn't scared of anything.

So I decided, whatever I have to do will be done. I will do my job.

I must have only closed my eyes when the ever irritating sound of the doorbell echoed through the walls.

I groaned and turned to my side. "Jules!!! Open it!!"

I squinted my eyes open and saw that even the sun was not fully functioning...erm..I mean up. It was my mind which was not functioning.

Ding-dong!

"Urrghh!! Jules!!... Open it!!"

I still heard no reply. Grudgingly, I pushed away my comfortable, cotton candy like covers and dragged my legs so that my foot hit the ground with a thud. I turned to look at my clock and found that it was only six thirty.

Putting my hands under my pillow and pulling out my gun from under it, I walked towards the door while tucking the gun in the elastic band of my shorts.

Walking into the hall, I found Jules still in the same position like I saw her before going to sleep. How did she not hear those bells? Did she become temporarily deaf while sleeping?

Looking through the peep-hole, I found Mary standing there and drinking Starbucks. Did that lady never sleep?

She raised her hand to ring the bell once again when I turned the knob to open the door. My poor ears could only handle so much in one morning.

"Good morning, Q!"

I said nothing and opened the door wider for her to step in. My brain was not yet awake to know that I had to respond to her.

"Do you have a watch, Mary? " I asked as I pushed the door close.

She looked at me, confused for a moment before answering, "Yes. Why?"

"Can I look at it please?"

I walked towards where she was standing and looked at the watch on her left wrist which she was holding out for me. I looked at it and nodded my head.

"Yup, six thirty."

Then I looked out of the window.

"In the morning..."

Then I looked at her and quirked my right eyebrow... mini Q was still snoring away and my brain had every intention of joining her. But before that, I just had to make sure that Mary was alright.

What if John's in some kind of trouble already?

Nah...couldn't be. ..right?

"Oh...didn't she tell you?"

Mary pointed at Jules who had somehow ended up on the ground.

"Tell me what, Mary?" I sighed and pulled the gun out of the elastic of my shorts which was digging into my back. Mary eyed it and lost track of what she was saying before snapping back to look at me.

"Anthony told Jules that he was inviting you both for a weekend in one of their private islands when you had gone to the bathroom. Jules told him that she would inform you and that you both would be ready in the morning."

What?
"What? " I thought out aloud.

I glanced at Jules and sighed. "When exactly were we supposed to be ready?"

"Erm...now?" Mary trailed off.

Shaite..

I walked towards Jules and yanked the pillow from under her head so that she would wake up. I left her responsibility with Mary and went in to 'get ready'.

It was no big shock to me that Jules had forgotten to tell me about it. She was 'special' in that way. And no. She is not mentally retarded. She just chooses to wipe away the facts which she thinks that is of no use.

Suddenly, Jules barges through my door and seems exasperated.

"OhmaygawdQ!!!! IforgottotellyouthatwehavetogowithAnthonytohisprivatebeachorsomething!!"

She finished in one breath and fell on my bed taking huge breaths.

"Yeah, I know. Thanks for telling!" I murmured while packing some shorts into my suitcase.

"Wait. How do you know? Did she call you or something?"

"No, she didn't. She told me face to face. "

"But..when? I was supposed to tell you yesterday. ..and...how?"

"Didn't you see Mary out in the living room?"

"Wha..??" She walked out and screeched when she saw Mary looking at our pictures on the wall.

"When did you come? How didn't I hear you?"

I ignored the question and asked her if she was packed already.

"Oh no.. I had to pack yesterday night...and we started watching that stupid TV and...shit!"

I sighed again. "How much time do we have, Mary?"

"We had to reach the airport by now," She sighed. I noticed that a lot of 'sighs' were taking place in a very short span of time.

"Let me call Anthony and ask him if the jet could wait for another hour or so...is an hour enough for you girls?"

"I'm ready. I just need to load my gun and stuff. Jules? "

"Um....yeah...an hour?" She gave us a cheeky smile.
"Well..I have to get ready myself....and pack my stuff...so..an hour? Okay...I'll try..." she smiled again nervously.

"Let me just call him.." Mary trailed of as she pushed a speed dial button and pressed the phone to her ear, waiting for Anthony to pick up."

"Hello?? Yeah... Actually... oh... okay...no the girls... " she sighed again.

"Okay then, we'll met you there."

Both of us looked at her expectantly, waiting for instructions. This was the thing I hated about hearing people's phone conversations. You could hear only one side of what was happening and.... well.. curiosity kills the cat, right?

She kept the phone on the counter in the kitchen, sat on a stool and rested her head on her arms which were on the counter top.

"You girls have time till twelve in the noon. Apparently, John and Daniel reached yesterday drunk, and they are not awake yet. So the rest of the family will leave now, and we will be going with the boys in their private jet when they are ready. "

Say whaa?!