CHaPTeR THiRTY SiX

The stranger was now tied up and taken to one of Anne's old sheds where he sat on some hay, rested against a rusted pole.

"I will give you one last chance to answer. Who sent you?"

Jules got up from the metal bucket she was sitting on and kicked it so it was now lying in a dark corner of the shed.

"I don't think this guy is going to open his mouth now. We need to think about our next step."

I nodded at her. "Anthony has been informed about the situation. It's no longer safe for us to stay here. We will have to pursue Geo-location Action now.

She nodded in agreement. "When will the resources reach us?"

"It should be here in another twenty minutes. That gives us plenty of time to pack."

Two men had been sent by Anthony to detain the hostage and two more were on their way. Jules went on to talk to whom she called Mr. 'Cute Bald Head' and Mr. 'How's the Weather Up There' about what they would do with the guy now. I walked towards the stranger guy and took his phone again. There was contact with only one number and the number was saved under the name "Boss". All the conversation had been deleted by him and the number had been switched off when we called it. Whoever this "Boss" was, knew the game all too well.

After handing him over to Anthony's men, I had come back to the cottage to pack my things. Jules had gone before me to instruct the guys about what was happening and what they had to do. When I reached, all the guys were sitting on the couch like obedient students and Jules was up on the table with a random stick in her hands, acting like a teacher.

"So you can only pack the extreme necessities which can fit into a small shoulder bag. No video games, no tennis rackets, no golf clubs, no animals, no skates.."

"Jules, I think they get the idea." I chuckled at her.

All the heads snapped towards me and Grayson shot up from his seat and walked towards me.

"Are you okay?"

I nodded, "Anthony's men have the guy now and he will be taken for further questioning."

"Do you know where you guys are going? Should I come with..." his words stopped when we heard engines revving from the front door. Jules shrieked with excitement and ran toward the door to open it and thus, revealing two beautifully sleek black motorcycles resting on the gravel.

"Are...are those for us?" Daniel stood up and walked toward the bikes in a trance, awed by its beauty.

"I guess, I had asked for two non-suspicious motorcycles which could easily blend in. I guess this is his interpretation." I shrugged. "Now we have five minutes to pack a bag. Only a single bag should be brought so that the person sitting at the back can hold it. We will be on the road for a few hours and will reach our destination at night. Then, only tomorrow will we be able to think getting more supplies. So get only what you need."

"Daniel ," I pointed at him. "You will be with Jules so communicate about how much space you guys have for each one of you in the bag."

He nodded at me.

"John?" I saw that he was already looking at me so I continued, "Do you have a bag or should we take mine?"

"I don't have one big enough for us. You can take yours." He pointed toward my tan leather bag sitting on the floor near the sofa. "I'll bring my clothes out."

I nodded and we all split ways into different rooms in haste.

I was stuffing my last pair of shorts into the bag when I felt a hand on my shoulder. My instinct was not to 'kill' but to turn around, knowing that it would be Gray. "I really think I should come with you guys. I can take my motorcycle. I think it's better if one more person joins you people."

I smiled at him sadly, knowing that I am disappointed at the turn of events which is forcing me to say goodbye to him this early.

"I really wish you could, Gray. But I need you to stay back and get the stranger to talk. I cannot ask you to abandon Anne like this."

He sighed in defeat when John cleared his throat. I looked at him to find that he was holding a small set of neatly folded clothes in his hands.

"Is that all?" I asked. He nodded and I took his clothes from him to stuff it in, which earned me a disapproving look from him. I don't care if his boxers cost more than my gun. I cannot handle clothes nicely and that is a fact.

I zipped my bag shut when everything was stuffed in and looked up in time to see Jules and Daniel come out of Jules' room with a bright neon pink bag hanging on Daniel's shoulder.

I walked towards Grayson and gave him a last, tight hug. He hugged me back and pulled me in closer, not wanting to let go.

"Let go, Gray. It's time to go."

I gave a last glance at the freckle on his chin and the his signature dangly earring.

"We'll meet again. That's a promise."