CHaPTeR SeVeNTeeN

For those of you who had to pause at the last chapter and haven't opened this book in a long time, here's a little summary:

Q and Jules are two awesome girls who one night, saved a bad boy's butt from a huge man with a knife. His parents decided to hire Q as his bodyguard and they have now reached one of their private islands to get to know each other.

And so it continues...^_^

Needless to say we were rushed into the beach house as soon as the car stopped in front of the gates. I was a little sad that I didn't get to admire the house but I was also happy that Anthony's security was doing a pretty good job.

As soon as we were in the hall, the boys left our little circle and sauntered further in. Mary unlocked her phone and walked away typing furiously. Jules and I? Well we stood there, trying to absorb the beauty of the beach which could be seen through the glass doors at the back of the house. I looked at Jules to check if she was amazed by the same thing but I found her gaze fixed somewhere else.

Trying to follow her line of vision, I moved my head and quite frankly, I was not surprised to know that she would be more excited about the food being cooked in the kitchen nearby, which was separated from the rest of the room just by a counter in between.

I poked the drooling Jules and motioned towards the beach which made her eyes snap towards it, and I can assure each and every one of you out there that the reaction she had was her own masterpiece and there was no one else in the whole world that could have copied this expression and the weird sound she made exactly like her. Yeah, my Jules is unique in her own way. Leaving her there to admire the nature, I walked back into the hall to find that Jennifer was waiting for me . 

"We wanted you to settle in first, but seeing that trouble gives us no time for rest, Anthony has called for a family meeting in his office,"

Family meeting? Okay, seems like I'm not needed right now. I'll find our room myself and get some rest then. Just as mini Q picked up her imaginary suitcases and walked into the room, Jeniffer stopped us, "and the meeting involves you, obviously." she chuckled.

'Welcome to the family, Q! Seems like we'll be spending lots of time with these wonderful people.' 

"Oh, okay. Let me just grab Jules," I said and turned around. Not surprisingly, Jules had both her hands on the glass door with her nose pressed against it and was looking out with eyes filled with wonder. I looked back to see Jen waiting with an amused look on her face.

"Never mind, I don't think that anyone can move her from that spot now," I said. "Let's just go now," I chuckled.

She lead me through lots of corridors passing many rooms and places with wonderful views but sadly, Jen seemed oblivious of all of it and walked straight ahead. Not wanting to lose myself in in this maze-like house, I increased my pace and tried to keep up with her.

Hey! Don't blame me, I had a little over three hours of sleep and no rest all all in the past 48 hours. I'm allowed to be a little tired. After all, I am a human being.

'Yeah right!' mini Q snorted. 'Then it was not your constant snoring throughout the plane ride that caused my ears such pain.'

Again, I wisely chose to ignore her remarks but I guess I also ignored the fact that Jen had stopped in front of a set of doors and I crashed right into her back. Thankfully, we both seem to have iron backs so we did not fall on our butts.

Chuckling, she opened the doors. I'm telling you, this lady does not have any other mood but 'happy'. As soon as I set foot inside the carpeted room, I was choking because of one of the tightest bear hugs that I have ever received.  You might have guessed it right. Yes, it was none other than Emily.