CHaPTeR SiXTeeN

When all of us were seated, I asked the driver to take us to Anthony's place as soon as possible and informed him not to stop at any point in between whatever the reason be. We need to reach a safe place at the earliest. Then I sat back and took a deep breath. This is the most difficult thing.

"Not that I want to scare you people or anything, but I think that we might be, kind of in a situation right now." I looked at the four pair of eyes staring me down with the burden of their confusion pushing me further down into the plush leather seat of the car.

"Yeah-" John scoffed. "We gathered that much, thanks for the info. It would be better if you actually told us what's wrong, and not just sit there looking like a scared puppy."

"Hey!" I shouted at him. "Who do you think you're calling a puppy?! I'm the one supposed to protect you, okay? So shut up and listen to what I say."

I took a deep breath. "Mary, could you call Anthony and put him on speaker, please? I don't have time to repeat the situation once we get there and we have no time to waste."

Mary quickly took her phone out of her bag and called Anthony on speed-dial. After three rings or so, he picked up the phone but I interrupted him before he could start speaking.

"Hey Anthony! Its me!" I tried to sound as cheerful as possible because I didn't want to shock him all at once. There was a short pause on the line before he replied, "Q? I thought this was Mary's number. Never mind. Is everything okay? Why aren't you people home yet? The cars must have reached the airport an hour ago. What's the matter?"

"Erm.." I started to speak but before I could even form the sentence in my mind, Daniel beat me to it and started speaking, "Hey Mr. A! Something happened to our car and Q has us squished into the girls car and apparently, something's wrong but she wouldn't tell us before she told you so now, we are waiting for her to speak up."

"Thanks, Daniel."

I sighed. It's now or never. No matter what their reactions are, I have to keep them informed for their own safety. Mini Q put on a cheerleading costume and started cheering for me which creeped me out more than getting me cheered up. It would be better if I served the news straight up rather than sugar-coating it.

"I found a bullet hole in the boy's car near the tyre and that's how they got a flat tyre. I don't know if they missed the window or intentionally shot the tyres but all I know is that they know that we are here and they knew which car the boys were travelling in. Looking at the bullet-hole, I can guess that the shot was fired from a distance but that doesn't mean anything. Those people could be following us for all I know."

Jules shot up and knelt on the seat to look back and check if people were actually following us or not. I saw both the boys checking out her butt and Daniel looked as if he would drool any moment now. I sighed. Trust the male species to be serious at such a situation. Jules jumped back down and sat down before giving all of us a thumbs-up.

Then I continued speaking, "Anthony, did you find anything strange going on around there? Any strangers lurking around or any new people who came looking for a job?"

"Not that I know of. Why?"

"Anything can be a possible threat right now and we have to be suspicious of everything."

John let out a bark of laughter and muttered something under his breath which angered me even more. Here I was, trying to save his butt from some serious kicking and there he was, laughing like a drunk idiot.

"I don't think there is anything to worry here, Q. I have security surrounding the perimeter and those guys are trustworthy. So you people should come back home as soon as possible."

"We are just reaching, Anthony. Five minutes tops." It was not me, but Mary who spoke this time who seemed to have found her voice after a long time.

"Okay, see you then." Anthony disconnected the phone. Everything was quiet except for the slow rumble of the engine as everyone trained their eyes on me.

"What?" I asked.

"What what?" Jules asked back.

"What just happened?" Daniel asked.

"Oh my God! I don't want to die!" Mary whisper-shouted.

"Shut up!" jerkface snapped. "Everyone, just keep quiet. Some silly girl just says something stupid and all of you just believe her? This is a private island and we get to know about everyone who steps foot on it. The security here is very good and I don't need any more headache than what I already have. So zip it and wait for us to reach home so that I can get away from these whiners."

That did it. Mini Q turned back into a green hulk and hollered as she picked up a nearby chair and threw it at a wall as it broke into a million pieces.

'Who do you think you are calling whiners, jerkbutt? We are here trying to save you, putting ourselves at risk and you are just bossing us away like a retard? We can abandon you any time we want but we are not, so you should be grateful!' After a mini-hulk session, she was panting hard but she was still green and her eyes still hard.

'You know that he can't hear you, right?' I asked her. She blinked her eyes a few times and started getting back into her normal she as she patted her cheerleading outfit and her hair and started to act as if nothing ever happened. But the two bright red sploshes on her cheeks spoke otherwise.

Now, coming back to the issue at hand. Jerk-john.

"Do you really think that we are two lazybones who don't have anything else to do and just came to this island as a vacation?" I asked him trying to be as calm as possible.

'Actually, you are," mini Q noted. But I shushed her away and continued.

"We are here, putting our lives at risk just to save you from danger and here you are, acting like the king of the world just because you come of money. I could just leave right now.."

"Please do," he interfered, but I continued. "But I won't because I promised your parents that I would take care of you because you act like an irresponsible child and they have to go and ask other people to be responsible for you. I have a duty towards them and unlike you, I like to complete my responsibilities. Someone is out there, waiting to harm you to take revenge on your father or something. So it would be advisable that you shut up and let me do my thing. Am I clear?"

I was huffing and a little out of breath and everyone else was silent with their eyes wide as they stared at me.

Finally, it was Daniel who cut the silence.

"Woah! That was so hot!"

^pls vote:)^