CHaPTeR eLeVeN

After taking us to meet Lucy, Jennifer had gone off to search for her better half Mathew and she told us that dinner would be served shortly, so we should make ourselves feel comfortable in the party.

As soon as Jennifer was at least at an arm's length, Jules' head whipped to me and she gave me the 'the look' .

"What?" I asked her.

"Well...well... is someone acting like she doesn't know what someone just said and left?"

"Jennifer told us to make ourselves comfortable. What do you want to do? Sleep in the master bedroom on their silky smooth, velvety sheets?"

She looked offended when I said that...as if I didn't get the actual meaning of her statement. Actually, I didn't.

"First of all, Quianna...as inviting as it sounds, I have not yet reached that level of insanity to do something like that... and second of all, don't you remember what Jennifer said about a probable Mr. Hot Guy number two?"

I sighed. Trust Jules to forget a chance of meeting new guys. Even if we did discuss it almost forty minutes ago before meeting Lucy.

"How did you even remember that now? We talked about it like, an hour ago or somthin'...were you holding it in for such a long time?"

"Eep!!" She shouted. "Yess! I was waiting for so long for Jennifer to leave so that I could unleash my excitement... and now I can't wait till I meet the boys. I heard Jennifer talking about the dinner seating plans with Mathew and he said that the boys would sit with us so that we could get to know each other and probably kick start your job... I'm sooo excited!!"

Yeah...not me... somehow, I already regret having said yes to Anthony.

"You don't even know if his friend is cute or not. You've never even saw him!"

"Well, handsome boys don't hang out with doofs...so I'm pretty sure that he is hot too."

When the dinner was ready, a plump looking maid came through the doors of the dining hall, and whispered something into Emily's ears who then said something to Anthony, probably about the dinner being ready because soon after, Anthony announced. "Ladies and gentlemen, dinner is ready. I request all of you to proceed to the dining hall for the sumptuous meal that Rossita has prepared for us."

Mathew and Jennifer appeared on our sides and lead us to our seats.

"You guys will be sitting with us...right here," Mathew said as he lead us to a huge table in the middle of the room which had eight chairs.

Anthony, Emily and Lucia had already taken their seats and were waiting for us to join them.

"Well Q, I hope you didn't get too bored in this fantastic party my husband is hosting..." Emily said, sarcasm dripping from her voice. Anthony gave her a glare and then smirked at her.

"Well darling, it's actually better than those awesome tea-parties you arrange when you have to introduce your new books to the other authors.."

"Ooh...burn..." Mathew said while laughing.

"Wait.." I interrupted the family drama. "You're an author? You're the
Emily F. Jasmine? WOW!! I've read like...all of your books. They always seem to connect with me. I adore your work!"

"Oh well, it's just something I do to pass my time. Having to handle these set of kids makes my mind go 'BLAM!'" She made a huge explosion action with her hands and the people near us paused and looked at her weirdly.

When she noticed this, she tried to prevent the weird stares by patting down her hair and skirt but then, Anthony decided to change the topic.

"Where are the boys at? All of us are here and they should be too." He sighed. "These kids will make me old before time because of all the stress that I take for them."

"And Q and Jules must be eager to see them too.. right?"

"Yes, Emily. We've been waiting all day to meet them." Jules said and she sounded surprisingly calm. Unlike the restless monster she was acting like few minutes ago.

Mathew's phone which was on the table chimed and he looked at it as if reading the message he just got.

"I had texted John asking him where they are and he replied that he's 'taken off because he would rather walk to the Sahara and die there of hunger and thirst rather than dying in here of boredom. ' "

The whole table, excluding me and little Lucia sighed. Even mini Q plopped down on the floor and sighed.

"I guess we're not lucky enough then." Jules said as she picked at her food which had been placed in front of us God knows when.

In the midst of all the sighs and shaking of the heads, I was screaming at the top of my voice in my heart. Somehow, I was not feeling prepared enough to meet Mr. Bad Boy right now.