CHaPTeR TWeNTY TWo

I hope that jerk-face is following me. I wouldn't want to be held responsible for leaving a poor kid behind in the deep forest by himself. By the way, is this a forest? Eh.

I tried to very discretely look over my shoulder because if he was following me, then he sure knew how to remain awfully quiet. I couldn't even hear his feet scrunching the dry leaves.

Well, either I don't know how to look over my shoulder or he actually isn't following me. Discarding all my ego, I stopped and turned around to find nothing but an empty trail behind me.

What! Where did he go? Was he still at the same place I left him? That is so far way. Will I need to walk all the way back and get him? Urghh. Boys are so annoying.

With all these thoughts running a loop in my head, I walked back, dragging the suitcases with me because I didn't want any wild animals to steal my guns and ammo. Also, Jules would kill me if lost all her makeup stashed in her bag.

After about a long fourteen hour walk, which may seem like five or six minutes to people, but I think that we all have established it here that normalcy was a word very hard to find in my dictionary; only a few trees more and I could finally carry the little princess over my shoulder and finally reach wherever Jules and Daniel were hopefully waiting for us. But, once those trees were out of sight, I could not find him anywhere. Now my mind went into high alert mode.

"John?" there was no response, only the wind whistling in my ear. "This is not funny, John. Come out of your hiding and lets go." I shouted again.

What if the people we were hiding from actually came here and..... abducted him?

This is really not the time for negative thoughts. I need to keep my calm and think logically.

"JO-OHN!" I shouted again, only to be met with silence.

I ran and looked behind nearby trees and rocks. Even if he was here, I would have heard his sound. I started hyperventilating. Not even day one and I had failed at my job. I thought of my parents and my uncle and aunt who would sacrifice themselves before letting a mission fail.

Suddenly, I heard leaves scrunching behind me. I shot up and rested my hand on the band of my shorts where I had my gun tucked in. Slowly, I tip-toed behind the tree and waited for the person to show himself. After waiting for an eternity, I decided to go and take a look at the noises which still continued.

I pulled my gun out, counted till three in my head and on three, I ran up to the person behind the tree. Umm, wait. Now that is not something that I can classify as a person. As soon as I jumped behind the tree, the rodent ran away.

Haha. Q got scared. Haha!

Okay missy, let me get some points straight:

1) I don't get scared, I get concerned.

2) Shut up.

Coming back to the topic, I was totally clueless about what to do right now. I guess I should stop hyperventilating about someone so useless and actually go and find the other two.

With my head hung low and carrying a lot of baggage with me, I strode down the trail, not knowing where to go. I let my feet take me to a destination unknown and hoped that I reach my friends safely. I pondered upon the-

"Hey Q! I think that's the wrong way." Jules' voice stopped me from getting emotional. Oh I miss her so much. Wait, what? I turned around to see Jules running toward me and I a second she pounced on top of me taking down all the luggage with us.

What is it with everyone falling down today?

"Jules! Where were you guys? You cannot just leave me alone!"

Instead of answering me, she decided that it would be a better idea to sing the Hunger Games song loudly, picked up half of the luggage and skipped away, signalling me to follow her. I shrugged, picked up whatever was left and skipped away behind her, joining her in her not so melodious singing.

In about three minutes, we were in front of a cute little house in the middle of nowhere. It was a one story house with a window in the roof.

That's the attic, Q.

It had vines growing all over its walls making it impossible to see the actual colour of the walls and had a cute brown roof. There was a garden in front of the house with little tomato plants growing and had a pond in a corner which I think must be full of tiny little fishes. The sun was just about to set which gave the sky a beautiful reddish-orange hue.

"What place is this?" I asked Jules, still not taking my eyes off the beautiful scenery. When I heard no reply, I looked behind me to find that she was already getting inside the house, struggling to handle all the bags.

I sighed and decided to go help her. I also need to find out what place this actually is.

Stepping into the house, I found Mr. Arrogant sprawled on the comfy-looking sofa. Anger swam through my veins as I marched towards him and hit him on his shoulder to which he replied with a girly 'ouch' and fell on to the floor.

Okay, in my defence, I didn't think that I would hit him that hard. I guess that was how much hatred I had against him and it just came out through my arms.

"Why did you hit me?"

"Why did you leave without telling me?"

"Why are you answering my question with a question?"

"Why don't you just answer me? Where did you go?"

"I didn't answer you because I didn't feel like answering you. What will you do about it?"

I groaned, took a step forward and hit him on the head.

"That's what I'll do."

"Quit hitting me!"

"Or what?"

"Okay kids!" that was Daniel who appeared miraculously to stop me from doing some serious damage to that jerk-face's face. "Why don't we all just take a deep breath here and take a seat. I'm sure all of us have many questions which will be answered shortly as Anthony said that someone will soon come and clear out all our doubts. Till then, we can get settled in as I'm sure that we'll be spending a lot of time here."

"Hey! That was a great speech, well done Danny boy!" Jules cheered him.

That was not a speech!

"Okay," I decided that a long shower would be a great solution for all this mess. "Show me my room."

I looked at Daniel and then at Jules, none of them answered and decided that the design on the carpet was more interesting.

"What?" I knew that the answer was something I definitely wouldn't like.

"Jules?"

She acted like she heard someone calling her and ran off to only God knows where.

"There is no one else here! Daniel ?"

He let out a long breath. "Okay, so the problem is that there are only three room here."

"Great! You boys share a room and Jules and I can have one of our own. Where's mine?"

"Hehe. What I'm saying is that since Jules and I were the first ones to reach, we already called dibs on a room each and now it's upto you guys to decide which one of you will take the third room."

"Dibs!"

"Mine!"

Jerk-face and I shouted out at the same time.

Looks like that relaxing shower will have to wait till I hand this guy's butt to him.

A/N: Hey guys! I hope y'all are enjoying the book so far. If you liked it, please take some time to like this and the previous chapters. it would mean a lot to me:) 

Also, please comment when you are done reading a chapter. I reallyy want to know you guys but all I can see is the number of readers and the countries you guys are from. It would mean a lot:) thanks!