Chapter 34 No Tears

Crush On Mr. Bad Boy

Chapter 34 No Tears

A/N: I'm going to be evil and not start the chapter with Axel's P.O.V(:< But you'll still get his P.O.V in this chapter(:

---Jaxon's P.O.V---

My hands shook in front of me as I stood in front of the large cream mansion. A door which was ten times my size stood before me, towering my not so big frame. Not everyone could build muscles as big as Axel and Matt. Just thinking of Axel made bile rise in my throat. He was the reason for all of this, if not for him maybe I would've gotten the chance to tell Rose everything.

I lifted up my shaking finger slowly and pressed on a button which I thought was the doorbell. "Star's resident, how may I help you?" I guess it's not a doorbell...

"Um, can I speak to Layla?"

"May I ask who this is?" the woman asked.

"Jaxon."

"Oh Mr. Smith! What a pleasant surprise! We'll let you right in."

"Thank you." I said pressing the button again shutting off the intercom. I've never been so nervous in my whole life. Even performing a Shakespeare play in front of college scholarship recruits wasn't as nerve-racking as this.

The door flew open revealing an old lady dressed in a maid uniform. "This way Mr. Smith." she ushered me up a flight of carpeted red stairs. "Layla has told us so much about you." she gave me a kind smile. " I hope you don't mind of course, she tells me everything. I've never seen her this way before. She's changed so much since you've come along. She can't go a sentence without mentioning your name." the old made giggled like a school girl.

I gulped nervously. She surely had no clue at all why I was here for. "All her hatred for that girl has turned her to bitter over the years." the maid shook her head sadly. "But since you've stepped into her life, you've brought out of the bright side of her out again."

My palms started to get sweaty as we walked up some more flight of stairs. How many floors did this mansion have anyway? "I'm so glad you showed interest in her. At first she was afraid that you'd reject her. Poor girl, she's had a rough life."

We walked through a hall filled with family portraits of the Star family. We stopped once we reached a large white door. The maid knocked on the door softly. "Yes?" a voice replied from inside.

"Mr. Smith is here to see you."

The door flew open almost immediately. Layla was wearing a pair of black shorts with a pink tank top. He chocolate brown hair was wet and looked as soft as Egyptian silk. Even without makeup, she was as attractive as always.

When she saw me checking her out she smirked confidently and leaned against the doorframe. "I'll leave you two to your business." the maid bowed before scurrying off. That maid acted more like a slave than anything...

"Couldn't wait to see me?" she asked in a playful tone.

I wanted to smile at her like I always did when I saw her, but this time I kept my face neutral. "I need to talk to you." I said in a serious voice.

She frowned at me before pushing herself off the doorframe. "Come in."

I stepped into her bedroom and looked around. The walls were light purple and covered with pictures of her at different ages with different people. I noticed most of the pictures were of her and Matt hugging and smiling.

He was the school's football quarterback, why didn't she want him? Why did she want a guy who everyone thought was gay? Why would she want a guy who was in the drama club and loved being over dramatic about things? The biggest question in my head was 'why would she be interested in a loser like me?'.