Chapter 12 Worst Monday Ever (?!)

Crush On Mr. Bad Boy

Chapter 12 Worst Monday Ever

"Details girl! I need details!!" Kasay bugged me as I put my books in my locker.

I groaned. After we went to the general store, I told her I'd tell her, but I didn't. Of course I would never tell her about Axel. I kept changing subjects and avoiding the topic until I made it home without giving away any information.

"You have to tell me!"

"Actually, I don't."

"Tell me now!" She demanded, pouting like a puppy, except she wasn't cute.

"Why should I?"

"I'm your best friend!" She answered proudly.

"So is Jaxon."

"But I'm a girl." She tried reasoning out.

"Or are you?" I teased. "Even if so, no difference."

She bumped shoulders with me lightly.

" You've known me since middle school! Now spill!" She refused to let it go.

I pretended to think about it, before I heard someone talking.

"Axel? He would never show up to a dance and you know that!" Layla said.

"But who was that red head you were with?" Another girl asked.

"Yeah! He was hot!" One of the others squealed.

Me and Kasay exchanged looks as the cheerleaders came around the corner in their little group. Layla of course, being the ring leader of their little clique, she was walking tall and proud in the middle as the other girls surrounded her.

Her chocolate brown eyes found mine and something inside of her changed. It was like she was switching from one person to another. Her eyes hardened and her cheerful smile turned into a scowl. Her friends whispered something into her ears before she started giggling.

She gave them high fives before turning back to me smirking evilly. This was not a good sign. Kasay had a scowl on her face as she glared at the cheerleaders.

"This is not good." I whispered to Kasay.

She nodded in agreement before turning back to the cheerleaders and glaring at them. I quickly grabbed my stuff for my next class.

"The nerd removed her braces!" Layla laughed and so did all the other cheerleaders.

"What do you want?" Kasay snapped.

Layla and her friends snickered.

"Chill little emo, we're not here for you. We're here for your little friend." Layla said smiling sweetly.

But this smile was different from her true smiles. This smile was so fake it made me sick. Kasay huffed and put a hand on her hip.

"Bitch, leave my best friend alone and fuck off." Kasay growled.

Layla and her friends laughed as Kasay turned red in anger.

"Give me a good reason why I should. You have no idea how much trouble she has caused me." Layla said snapping her fingers and pointing at Kasay with her index finger. "Little emo bitch, you better watch your mouth. And I didn't know you could have best friends. Devil worshipers aren't supposed to have friends at all."

The insults Layla could come up with. I thought she used up almost all the insults in the dictionary, but with her and her very 'created imagination' she came up with more insults to hurt my feelings with. I don't understand!