Chapter 7 Make Me

Crush On Mr. Bad Boy

Chapter 7 Make Me

"Let me guess," Jaxon held his chin like he was thinking. "She wants you to come home so she can force every little detail of your day out of you."

"How'd you guess?" I asked sarcastically.

"Well it's not really hard since she pretty much controls your life." He said as he hugged me from behind. I wiggled out of the hug and turned around so that I was facing him. His perfect red hair was falling over his hazel eyes. There was an emotion in his eyes and I couldn't tell what it was.

"I should go." I backed away from him.

"Want me to take you home?"

"Its fine, I'll walk." I replied.

"I'll walk with you." He offered.

I chuckled nervously. Something about him was a little off. "It's okay, I'll walk alone."

He chuckled along too. "No, I want to walk you home."

He was starting to make me feel uncomfortable. "And I want to walk alone." He frowned at my statement. "I just need some time to think." I sighed.

"You can't walk home alone." He said. "Matt and his gang are still out and about."

"Its fine, I can walk alone."

"No you can't. I won't let them hurt you."

"That's very sweet of you but my house is almost right across the street. I think I'll manage."

"But Rose..."

I rolled my eyes and laughed. "I'll be fine you old-"

"Codfish." He finished for me.

I chuckled at him. "So now you're finishing my sentences now too?"

"That's what best friends are for." He grinned. The unknown emotion in his hazel eyes was still there, but I shrugged it off.

~*~

"But Cleo!"

"You want to change, I'm giving you a chance to change!" She said sharply. "You're going to that dance no matter what."

"But I don't do dances!"

"You do now." She glared down at me.

"There's no point in going." I sighed. "I'll just end up alone like always."

"You won't be alone, Kasay accompany you to the dance."

"But knowing her she'll probably ditch me the moment we get there-"

"You are going and that's final." She interrupted me. "Besides, it will help with your pathetic social skills."

The words cut me like a newly sharpened blade.

"How am I supposed to go when I don't have a costume?" I asked.

Of course, my stepmother always had a plan. "You're going shopping this afternoon."

"But-"

"I could get you a date if you really want one." She interrupted me again.

"No thanks, I'd rather go alone."

"Fine, but I do know one thing." A small cold smirk appeared on her face. "I do know you have your eye on someone."

I froze up immediately. There was no way she could've known-