Chapter 1~ The Bait

Chapter 1~ The Bait

        "I don't like this plan, Desmond." I grabbed his arm to make him stop walking.

        "Serena, we have no other choice. It's either we go through with this, or those damned vampires keep killing our people for food!" He walked away from me and towards the others I watched as they got him prepared.

         "Princess Serena, you might want to get back before they put the plan to work." I looked down at the old townswoman.

        "I suppose you're right. Please go home. Lock all your doors and windows and don't come out until you know it's safe." She nodded before turning back to the path that leads to the town. I looked at where they were loosely tying Desmond to a post in the middle of the meadow. The plan really wasn't that bad it's just that they're putting my only family member in terrible danger. The plan was to use Desmond as bait to lure the vampires out so then he could use the hidden stake to kill them. Then the rest of us would come up behind the vampires to kill the ones Desmond couldn't.

       "Alright, everything is set-up. Everyone move into position! Desmond are you ready?"

      "Yes, I'm ready." I kept my eye on Desmond as I moved to my place at the edge of the meadow. We waited for at least two hours and we were beginning to lose hope. Then we heard the sound of wings just before someone landed a few feet from Desmond. Soon after four more vampires landed in front of him. Slowly, one by one they changed into their human form.

     "Hello, Desmond." I watched silently as Adrian, one of the Head Vampires "children", circled around Desmond.

     "Hello to you to Adrian. I suppose you're here to kill me?" Desmond spoke with a teasing tone. I couldn't believe Desmond would tease a vampire. Speaking to them was one thing, teasing them was another.

     "Actually, that's correct. Since you're not going to survive this anyway, I'll let you in on a little secret. My masters have sent us here to kill you and find your sister. You see my masters have a plan for her. They plan on making her one of us or they'll just kill her and finish off the last of the Dyson's."

    "Adrian, can you stop teasing him and just end it already?" I looked toward where the new voice came from. I soon found it was Adrian's wife, Mia.

   "Come now, Mia, even you enjoy toying with people before you kill them." Mia sighed but stayed silent.

   "You and your masters leave Serena out of this!" I hoped Desmond could keep his cool.

    "Aw, look Aaron he thinks he can stop us." Lissa, Aaron's wife, wrapped her arms around him.

   "Sorry, Desmond but my masters have something very special for Serena." Christian put in as he walked behind Desmond and tightened the restaints that were holding Desmond in place.

++ Hey guys I hope you like the book so far! Post comments please! I really want to know what you guys think of the story. I'll try to update every Friday. If I don't update then I promise I'll try to make it up by posting two new chapters every time I don't update on Friday. Thanks for reading! Bye! :D