Chapter 13~ Death Sentence

(Serena's POV)

~ 3 Days Later~

I've been sitting in this God forsaken cell for three days. I know Dracula is planning something for me but I just can't figure it out. As if right on cue though the door that leads to the prison cells was opened. I jumped up and looked through the little window on my cell door. Out of instinct I looked over at Christian's cell and almost instantly became scared when I didn't see him looking through the window too. As Dracula got to my cell I backed up against the wall farthest from the door.

"Open this cell." The guards rushed to complete his command and I sat terrified as the door opened to reveal a very intimidating and kinda creepy looking Dracula that was smiling at me.

"Get her and follow me." The guards advanced on me and grabbed my arms before restraining me with handcuffs. They dragged me through the castle until we came to Dracula's intended destination. Without warning Dracula turned to face me.

"Today my dear girl will be the day you die or you join us." Without another word he turned back to the door and pushed it open. As the guards guided me into the room I noticed that now it was almost completely empty. Save for the table that the Head Vampires sit at with an extra 2 chairs on either side of it. The rest of the room though is set-up like an arena.

As I took in my surroundings I noticed on the other side of the room a couple of guards leading Christian into the room as well. Christian's eyes met mine and I was terrified when I saw the intense hunger in his ice-blue eyes. Dracula pulled my attention back to him when he stood from his chair and gestured to Christian.

"In case you couldn't tell, Christian has been starved of blood. He will be released from his restraints just as you will be. You either kill him with the stake we will give you or he chooses to turn you or to kill you. It's up to you whether you live or die. Once you have the stake in your hands the fight for survival will begin." Dracula smiled triumphantly before taking his seat.

As my hands were set free one of the guards placed a silver stake in my hands. I looked to Christian then down at the stake in my hands. I can't kill Christian. He means too much to me. Even if he attacks me it's not like it's his fault. He can't help it. They're the ones that starved him of blood.