Chapter 23~ Allies

Chapter 23~ Allies

(Serena's POV)

"Damn it Adrian, let me go!" He was flying further and further away from the castle, leaving Christian to fend for himself.

"Serena you know I can't do that."

"The hell you can't!" He was slowing down until he stopped completely and landed on the ground.

"Look I know you didn't want to leave Christian. None of us did, but he knows what he's doing. Besides he can handle himself. Right now we have to find a way to take them down." I knew he was right but there was no way in hell I was going to tell him that.

"Guys, I think someone's coming this way." Lissa was scanning the area around is when a figure appeared out of the trees followed by a few others.

"Who are you and why are you trespassing on our territory?"

"Look we don't want any trouble we just broke out of the castle that's not too far from here and we need somewhere safe to stay until we can go back and overthrow the rulers."

"Ah, so you must be Dracula's "children" as he puts it, but why doesn't she have the distinct scent of Dracula's blood? Why doesn't she have his blood in her?" The tall pale man with dark brown hair and bright golden brown eyes pointed to me before walking around me slowly.

"Dracula wasn't the one who turned her into one of us. My friend Christian was forced to turn her-"

"No Dracula starved Christian of blood until he locked us in a room together and told me that I had to kill Christian or Christian would kill me or turn me." The tall man looked at me surprised.

"He cares for you, Christian I mean?" I nodded slowly as the images of the last time I had seen him filled my mind. "Where is he now?" When no one spoke up he seemed to understand.

"Well it won't be the first time they've killed someone and it certainly won't be the last time." All of my attention was brought to the man in front of me. He didn't really just say that did he? I turned around sharply to face Adrian before I punched him as hard as I possibly could. As the tears filled my eyes I didn't even realize that I hit Adrian hard enough to send him into the tree closest to us. I turned around to face him as he pulled himself off the ground.

"How could you?! You left Christian there to die! You told him all that shit about Christian being able to fend for himself! When really you just didn't want to tell me the truth!" I had moved to stand in front of Adrain before I started beating the living shit out of him. Before I could hurt him too badly though Aaron had pulled me off of Adrian and moved me as far away from him as possible. As he left me standing there to go check on Adrian I fell to a heap on the forest floor. I sat there crying my eyes out.

"Aaron get Serena. Jonathan has agreed to be our ally and he's giving us shelter, food, and anything else we need as long as his clan can come with is to take down Dracula." Aaron came over to me and I didn't even bother moving much less blinking. He just picked me up and took me wherever the hell we're going.

"Here she can stay in this room. Your room is across the hall Aaron, and dinner is at 7 pm so don't be late. Until then you're free to explore." Aaron nodded to Jonathan before he walked into what was going to be my room until we take down Dracula. As the door closed behind him I let myself think about what could have happened to Christian. As I tried to tell myself that he's going to be alright I came to the undeniable fact that Christian couldn't have survived, and then I did the only thing I could do. I sat there and cried and cried until I cried myself to sleep.