Chapter 20~ Escape

Chapter 20~ Escape

(Christian's POV)

After I had cooled down a little I decided to go back to my room. Chances are that Serena is asleep anyways. I walked up the stairs a sense of guilt flooding my mind. I shrugged it off though as I headed to my room. When I came to the door though I was could hear people talking. As I pushed the door open I was surprised to see Aaron and Lissa but I instantly became aware of the fact that Serena wasn't in the room.

"Christian something's happened..." My attention was taken to the door where Mia stood beside a silent Adrian.

"What happened exactly?" I could feel my temper slowly starting to rise again.

"Dracula....he knows that you took Serena to the cell where he was holding her parents and...."

"And what?! Tell me!" Adrian looked up and met my eyes as he slowly stepped in front of Mia so if I do decide to throw a punch it wouldn't hurt her.

"And Dracula sent Serena to the torture room for it. He wants to make her pay for it. By hurting her he can bend you to his will because he knows pull do anything to get her out of there." As Adrain's words sunk in I felt that same overwhelming sense of guilt I had before, but now it was mixed with a sense of failure. Failure to protect her. I put her in the torture room. It's my fault.

"Christian, I know what you're thinking and it's not your fault. You couldn't have known that Dracula would find out." I turned to Aaron and Lissa. Aaron stood up and stepped forward to put his arm around my shoulders before turning to everyone else in the room.

"I say that we help Christian get Serena out of there before she gets hurt too badly. Who's up for it?" Lissa came to stand with me and Aaron followed by Mia. We all turned to Adrian.

"Friends help each other out, so let's help Serena escape." Then Adrian headed to the door without a backwards glance. Before he walked out the door he turned around and looked to the rest of us confused.

"Aren't you guys coming?"