Chapter 22~ Breakout

(Christian's POV)

"Christian...." I turned to face Serena for a brief second before I continued walking to the main entrance.

"What is it Serena?" She didn't answer me but she pulled on my arm trying to get my attention.

"Christian!" I turned to face her but she was looking at the other side of the hall where every guard in the castle was running at a sprint to stop us.

"Come on! We have to go now!" I grabbed Serena's arm as I took off running to the entrance. I looked back and almost came to a stop as I realized just how fast the guards were closing in on us.

"Hurry up! Adrian, Aaron get outside so you can help the girls escape."

"Christian what are you going to do?" I looked to Aaron before my eyes moved to Serena. I watched as slowly realization took hold of her.

"No! No! You're not staying here! I won't let you!" I pushed her into Adrian before she could make me change my mind.

"Get her out of here now. Go!" Adrian hesitated before he forced Serena out of the castle. I turned back to the guards that had surrounded me.

"Ah, so the great Christian has sacrificed himself to save his friends and the woman he cares about. How noble. Too bad you'll suffer for it." My attention was brought to the new voice that stood out. I watched as a vampire emerged from the shadows. As he came into view I took a step back. There was no way. It couldn't be.... He's supposed to be dead.