Chapter 14~ The Fight for Survival

(Serena's POV)

I watched on anxiously as the guards slowly, tauntingly even took off Christian's restraints. I held the silver stake closer to me as Christian stalked around me like I was his prey. He made a move to strike and I effectively dodged him. As I prepared myself for another attack Christian circled around me, never taking his eyes off of me.

Then before I could blink Christian had moved forward and grabbed the stake from me. Weaponless and terrified I watched as Christian made his way towards me slowly. He was taunting me, he would strike forward as if he was going to grab me then he would step back. This went on until he had me backed against a wall.

"I thought you'd be more of a challenge. Guess not." Then he had me in his arms and he lowered his head down to my neck.

"Christian I don't know if you remember who I am or what I mean to you but you have to know if you kill me I won't be mad at you. You're only acting like and doing this because they starved you of blood. But please think about what you're doing. This isn't you! The Christian I know and love would never hurt me." He pulled away from me just a little and I believed I had gotten to him but I was wrong.

"I could never care for a human. Besides if I do care for you it's only because I need you to survive." Then without hesitation he sank his fangs into my neck. I cried out in pain Ashe started to drink. A minute or two later though he slowly pulled back and looked at me. I could see the overwhelming sadness and the decision in his eyes.

"I'm sorry, Serena. I didn't mean-- I didn't want to hurt you. I just.....I just couldn't help it." He was fighting against the tears in his eyes, trying to keep them from falling.

"Christian....it's ok. I promise. I understand...."