House Rules

Maximus did end up coming back much to my surprise. It hadn't even been an hour since I had kicked them both out when the bell rang and when I opened the door, Alex stood there with a small smile. But then his eyes flashed gold for a few seconds and all he said was, "Maximus is back," before Alex came back with a sheepish grin.

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. "What do you want? I'm still mad at you two."

"Forgive me?" He whispered and then pulled out a bouquet of roses from behind his back. I gasped, surprised that I hadn't even noticed that and my hands twitched as they untangled themselves to reach for the roses.

"Do I have to move?" I whispered as I touched them.

"Yes."

I made my arms move back and I sighed. "Why? Tell me a good reason why I have to leave everything I know behind and go to Alaska with you. I know Ali is on my side."

"She got that right!" She screamed from the couch as her eyes stayed glued to the movie we were watching. I laughed, nodded my head and turned back around to see a pouting Alex. Oh no.... Not the pouting face!!!

"Please?" He whispered again, his voice breaking and I groaned.

"This isn't fair!" I cried as I stomped my foot. "You know what that look does to me!"

"I have no idea what you are talking about....."

"Sure you don't. Ali stop the movie and scoot over. We are ALL going to talk about this since wherever I go, you go." I didn't even have to invite Alex in. By the time I had finished my sentence, he was already halfway to the couch with a huge grin and I glared at his back. "Yes. Please do come in."

"Aren't you going to join us? You are part of the group," he said with a smirk and my glare got even bigger. Stupid, obnoxious werewolf!

"Alright. So why do I- no we have to move to Alaska? Why can't we stay here?"

He frowned when he saw me sit down on the other side of Ali so she was sandwiched in between us. Her little head bounced back and forth before she gulped loudly and Alex responded. "Because you are my mate. You have to go wherever I go so I can keep you safe. It is a males job to keep the females safe because without the female, the next generations wouldn't exist and our existence would come to an end. Almost 99.99 percent of the time, the female mate would move wherever the male mates pack is. So it's not that hard to change places."

"And what about that point one percent?"

He scratched his head as he answered my question. "That point one percent answers to those packs that have a female Alpha. There is no law saying that a female can't run a pack by herself, but since it's very rare for a female to be first born, it almost never happens. But when that is the case, the male stays with her pack and he becomes the Alpha while she turns into the Luna."

"Wait a second. She turns into the moon? I may not know a lot of Spanish, but I am almost one hundred percent sure that Luna means moon."

He began to laugh at my outburst and even Ali giggled. She had been quiet this entire time so hearing her laugh surprised me for a second.

"No love. She does not turn into the moon. Luna is basically another word for Alpha. That is the correct term for a female with high power."

"So wouldn't I become a Luna then?"

He shook his head. "No. You are the only exception. You are Alpha Queen. I do indeed have a pack in my territory that I have to take care of, but I have appointed my best wolf as the Alpha. His mate is the Luna of the pack. Does that make any sense?"