Surprise Surprise

I sighed deeply and slowly moved my arms around my abdomen, wondering why the babies hadn't woken me up yet with their kicking. I froze when my hands just skimmed over a slight, flat surface and I quickly popped my eyes open, yanking the sheet that was wrapped around me.

It was flat. My bump wasn't-

I froze again as everything began to come back in short bursts. The wedding..... the pain...... the birth..... the surprise of the third baby...... her.... death...... Then Alex crying as he told me that Ali was-

"Ali?" I called out as I quickly got off the bed. It took me a few seconds to recognize my surroundings, and when I finally did, I sprinted down the empty hallway, screaming out her name. "Ali! ALI! ALI!"

As soon as I opened the single door from the small safe house that lead to the woods, I crashed into a hard wall and I grunted. Familiar sparks immediately enveloped me and I looked up at him with wide eyes.

"Where's Ali? I need to see her." His eyes just widened like mine as he stared at me silently. He gulped slowly, and then looked away as he began to hold me closer to him.

"Love...."

I shook my head. "Alex, please! Take me to Ali and our children. I need to-"

"Delilah don't you remember? Ali is gone..... I'm sorry, but I can't take you to her because..... We'll because she died."

So it wasn't a dream. She really was..... dead..... I stared straight ahead, a lump forming in my throat as I felt my eyes pricking up. "So..... So it wasn't a dream..... Ali.... Ali.... Alice is....." I couldn't finish. My loud sobs and the small screams that were piercing through my lips made it hard for me to even speak. My legs weren't holding me up anymore, but Alex just held all of my weight as I screamed my lungs out into his shirt.

"I'm so sorry....." I heard him whisper in my ear as he softly ran his hands against my back in soothing circles. "I'm so sorry love."

"S-s-so T-Tatiana is real t-t-too?" I sobbed. I felt him nod as his arms tightened around me again and I ran a thumb underneath my nose. "And she...."

"Yes." His voice was rough as he looked out into the woods with hard eyes. "I vow to you I will get them back. I will never give up looking for them....." He mumbled something under his breath and I frowned slightly.

"What? What aren't you telling me? And where are our kids? I want to see them!"

He quickly nodded and avoided my first question as he slowly led me back into the pack grounds. I was momentarily shocked that he had left me in the cottage alone, until he assured my frightened thoughts.

"He won't be coming back any time soon....."

I quickly looked at him as we stepped through a threshold. "What do you mean by that?"

He just shook his head and then smiled before I heard a cry of a baby.

A baby. My baby.... My child.

I pushed the two double doors open and practically rushed to my baby boy, who was screaming his lungs out in Mags arms. She just had a slight panic expression on her face as she looked at April -who held a now squirming Eveline.

"Give me by baby. Give me my son," I whispered as I stretched my arms out. Mags smiled widely and carefully handed him over to me without hesitation. Immediately, I felt a connection to him; like if my body knew he was mine. My lips morphed into a smile as I saw his small frown quickly disappear as he squirmed his small face against my chest.