Mark

Because many people loved my last chapter, I updated this one SOONER than expected. I hope you like!!

No! This couldn't be!! This Dimitri guy couldn't be my sisters mate! She was barely seven for crying out loud!

Mags stood frozen by the front door as he slowly stalked his way towards us as he continued sniffing the air. I vaguely heard someone else entering the room, but my eyes and all other senses were trained on the vampire that had a foot on the first step.

"Dimitri? What's going on?" This was Alex.

Dimitri cocked his head to the side and stared into my eyes. A chilling shudder ran down my spine and then that's when I realized he was talking about me and not Ali.

Oh thank god! But wait.... I already had a mate. Could I have two? And why was I even debating about this? Shouldn't I be screaming my lungs out??

"Dimitri?" Alex repeated again when no one answered him.

"I think..... She's..... My mate," he whispered as he took the last step towards me. I felt Ali slowly brush my back as she went back up the steps after seeing my hand move for her but I stayed frozen after that.

"WHAT!? WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHES YOUR MATE!! SHE BELONGS TO ME!!!?" Alex roared as he jumped up in the air and landed behind me. The stairs wobbled dangerously and I was about to hold on to the rails but Alex pulled me to his chest and growled. "MINE!!?!"

Dimitri didn't seemed dazed by Alex's reaction. He just scratched his head and stared at me as he continued to sniff the air. "Alex I don't know..... She's confusing me.... I smell her.... But then I don't...... It's like her scent is there but then it's not. I'm confused by this."

"Well I don't give a darn! Get your confused nose away from my mate. You know how long I've been waiting for her!!"

Dimitri stepped off the stairs without taking his eyes off of me and nodded. "Yeah, of course. I'm sorry I didn't realize she was yours."

Alex didn't let go of me. And I don't think he planned on doing it since he took me back downstairs and into the living room. He sat down on one of the many couches and then sat me on his lap, his face on my neck the entire time.

"So what are you doing here?" Alex asked a bit roughly. Guess he was still pissed.....

"You don't want to talk about this in your office?" Dimitri murmured, pointing down the mysterious hallway.

"No. I don't think I can be in an enclosed room with you. Besides there's no one else in the mansion and everyone here has a right to know."

"Right. Well about a month ago, two brand new vampires were seen by some of my men. I have never seen them before and I even checked all of my covens to make sure they didn't transform anyone behind my back. They didn't. I didn't think of it much until they came back not even last week and kidnapped two of our children."

"And what does this have to do with me?"

"We believe they are hiding in one of your packs. The Pinewood Pack to be exactly. I need your permission to-"

"To raid it?" Dimitri nodded stiffly while Alex stayed silent. I quickly looked around the room to see William looking out into space as he leaned against a wall and Mags holding on to Ali, who was looking at me with wide eyes.

I sort of drowned out the rest of the conversation they had and busied myself with Alex's rough hands. I traced them softly with a finger, turned them over so I could see all the lines and this one scar running across his palm. I slowly wrapped my hands around one of his own because I knew I wouldn't be able to hold both and then as if our hands wanted to be together, I pressed them together and squeezed. He squeezed it back gently, but he also moved me closer to him and I gasped as I felt every inch of him on my back.