Death

"Alex, what's wrong?" I managed to ask with each step he took. I was biting my lip so hard, trying to ignore the pain that radiated each time he ran, that I even broke skin and began to bleed.

"I'm so sorry," was all he murmured as he looked down at me, his eyes slowly turning pink in the white areas. "I am so sorry Delilah."

My mouth just hung open as I watched him silently cry above me. He cried for a few minutes before he quickly shook his head and wiped his eyes as he held me with one arm. Seconds later, he stepped inside of the destroyed palace and gently laid me down on one of the good couches before he began to bark orders.

"Everyone who can walk, go out and find them! Bring Tatiana back alive and I will personally take care of her. Anyone who kills her or takes part of her death without me present will be banished as a rogue. Those of you who are too injured to walk, stay where you are and the medical team will get to you as soon as possible. But then as soon as you're healed, you join the hunting group. Am I clear!"

There were a bunch of howls that cried out at the same time men yelled out, "Yes my king!" Alex disappeared for a few seconds, coming back with some shorts and came to kneel next to me. He took both of my hands in his big ones and kissed them before he looked back up at me with glassy eyes again.

"What's wrong? What's going on?" I whispered as I watched everyone slowly trickle in with a baby. Mags had Eveline, June had my baby boy and April had my other one. But where was my...... I couldn't even say it. My lips trembled as I thought about her and everyone just let out a small sniffle as they stared at me with glassy eyes. "Where's Quinn with my daughter?" My throat clogged up and I gulped multiple times to clear it out. "Where's Ali?"

Everyone flinched at the two girls I spoke about and I just turned back to Alex. "Alex..... Please tell me where they are..... You're scaring me."

"Delilah..... Love...... Please just listen to me. Know that I will never give up on-"

"JUST TELL ME WHATS GOING ON!" I screamed and everyone jumped.

"They are gone," he whispered as he looked at me. "They're gone."

My lips trembled and tears slowly began to roll down my cheeks. "What do you mean they're gone? I know my.... My..... That she's gone, but where's Ali? She's suppose to be here with Tommy. Where's Tommy? And Thomas and Rose? WHATS GOING ON!"

"They're gone," he repeated again and then very slowly said the words that froze me. "Ali..... Is..... Dead....."

My heart stopped. I stopped breathing and I saw nothing around me as everything began to blur. I could feel someone touching me, but I felt nothing: no sparks, no heat. Nothing. Only when I started to gasp for air did everything slowly start to come back and I felt the sparks. The tears that had previously slowed down where now falling down even faster and harder as I shook my head.

"No..... No..... NO! That can't be true! NO!" I was struggling against Alex's strong grip as I tried to stand up. "NO! YOU'RE LYING!! SHE IS NOT DEAD! SHE CANT BE! She's not-" My voice got muffled as I buried my face on his chest.

No. It couldn't be. She couldn't be dead! He is lying to me!

"Delilah......" He whispered as he pulled my face back a bit so he could wipe the tears. "I'm not done yet."

My sobs made it impossible for me to speak. Snot was running down my nose and the tears were falling down non stop. The pain from giving birth not even ten minutes ago was taking a toll on me and I knew any other situation that was thrown at me would make me go overboard. But I needed to know. I needed to know what he meant by that.