Maid-of-honor

Today, the day Quinn had to go back and report to Dimitri came by so fast, no one had planned on what she was going to say. Our lives had gone back to normal -well sort of. Before, I could walk around freely (well as free as possible) but now I HAD to have a guard near me every second if Alex wasn't around. It got annoying at the beginning, but I knew it was for my own good and for the protection of the future Royal children.

"What should I say? WHAT should I say?? WHAT SHOULD I SAY???" Quinn shrieked as she hopped back and forth in her heels. Daniel tried to massage her back to calm her down a bit, but with her moving every two seconds, it was next to impossible.

"Breathe," Alex exclaimed, exaggerating a breath and Quinn repeated with a quick inhale. I felt him squeeze my waist for a few seconds before he loosened his hold. "And relax. You'll do fine..... I hope. Just make sure you're not thinking about the betrayal and you should be good."

"Oh you shouldn't have hoped. Oh god he's here!" Everyone tensed and growled at the same time she poofed away. Alex's grip only got tighter around me as his eyes scanned our surroundings and I just patted his hand.

"He isn't here."

"And how would you know that?"

I shrugged slightly. "This is just a theory I have come up with so don't believe it. I always get a tingly feeling near my mark when Dimitri -and it only works with him- is around. The last few times he was near, I would always get that feeling right before he would appear. I'm not feeling that right now so I'm just guessing he is no where near us. I think she was talking about Reece."

"And who's Reece?" Daniel spat out, crossing his arms. Alex growled and Daniel immediately bared his neck in apology.

"Alex stop it!" I lightly slapped his arm and then looked back at Daniel. "He is one of the vampires with a gift. He can practically "teleport" anyone or even a group anywhere he wants. I don't know how it works, but he can take me right now if he wants to."

Alex snarled, wrapped his arms even tighter around me and even Daniel frowned. I was surprised Dimitri hadn't even tried that by this time. Maybe it only worked if I was near a vampire.....

"I don't like this. I'm taking you back inside," Alex worriedly growled and took me back inside the palace without another word. He took me straight to the kitchen and I smiled when I saw Ali sitting in one of the stools.

"What are you eating there?"

She jumped slightly and then smiled before she hopped off and gave me a hug. We still hadn't finished talking about our parents. The conversation I had tried having with her that first day was quickly ignored, changed a forgotten each time it was mentioned. By the fourth time I had tried talking to her about it, I gave up and just let the subject drop. She better not say I never tried.....

"A sundae. Want one?"

I eyed the chocolate treat and raised an eyebrow as she grinned at me. "Isn't a little too early to be having ice cream right now?"

She shrugged and sat back down before taking another bite. "Too late now. Besides, I couldn't wait until tonight. There are way too many hours left for it to be dinner time."

I rolled my eyes and laughed before I stole the spoon from her hand and took a couple of bites. She just wiggled her eyebrows and I flicked her nose before I turned back around to chef Alex.

"What are we having for lunch?" I asked as I watched him plate two plates with rice, beans and something covered in sauce.

He shrugged. "I think they are enchiladas. Not sure though. One of the pack members brought them over for us and from what my nose is telling me, they are good."