Mad Mate

I had no idea how long I was out, but when I did come back, my neck hurt like a b*tch! When I tried to move my head to the other side, all I got were shooting rounds of pain and I immediately stopped. My groans must have alerted someone because twenty seconds later, a door flew open and then Alex was in front of me.

"You're alright," he breathed as he ran a hand down my face. I immediately leaned into it and he smiled before he picked me up only to put me back down as he got on the bed with me. My eyes quickly tried to scanned the room, but Alex's voice stopped me. "How are you feeling?"

"Sore," I whispered and he winced.

"Yeah I can imagine you'll be sore by what happened to you. I'm sorry about that. I didn't want to do it without your permission but I had to to save you."

"What do you mean?" I rasped out as one of his hands went to my neck. The tingles that were there before were intensified by a million. Even worse than when he touched my birthmark before. A moan escaped my lips and he smiled widely before it turned into a frown and he sighed.

"I had to mark you."

"You had to what? Why?"

"Dimitri bit you. He tried to mark you as his, but I took him off of you before it could actually take effect. Since your soul is meant to be with a werewolf, your body immediately began to reject it and the only way to make it go away was for me to mark you. I am so sorry about all of this Delilah. I really didn't mean to mark you on your first day here, let alone have my ex best friend try to take you. Why did you lie to me and tell me that it was a tattoo?" He breathed everything out. I looked down at his chest and shrugged, not sure how to tell him. "Do you even know how you got it?"

"I was born with it," I whispered as I still stared at his chest. Too bad it was covered by his shirt.....

"I can take it off if you want," he laughed and I looked up confused. He laughed even more and kissed my forehead before he moved his lips to my ear. "I can read your thoughts now babe."

He can read my.... Oh my god.... And he just heard me say..... Oh kill me now......

"Do you want me to take it off?" He whispered again and I shook my head.

"N-n-no. And what do you mean by ex best friend? Don't tell me I was the one that made you lose your friend."

"Well I won't lie to you and say you didn't because you are," he answered and I flinched. "He wanted to take you from me to make you his. You don't know what the mark means, am I right?" I shook my head and he sighed. "A mark like yours is very rare, but powerful in the vampire world. You see, Dimitri is the vampire King, so every transformation has to go through him. The only way you don't have to ask him is if you are born with it, which hasn't happened since before he even ruled."

"But what does that have to do with my mark?"

"Patience love. I was just getting to that." I blushed and nodded. "Well your mark can help them with that. You see, there are only three ways to become a vampire: you get bitten, cursed, or born into it. The first two options are the worst and more than 95 percent of the people don't make it. That's why it has to go through Dimitri first. The last option is the only safe one, but it hasn't been very successful. Yes many vampires have met their mates and then the females have gotten pregnant, but they don't all survive. We don't know why, but either the mother or the child dies, or like in almost every case, both mother and child die at the same time. There are some books in his private library that were written hundreds of years ago by a psychic, who foresaw this. The mark would be behind the neck and it would be the only way to stop this infertility for good as the woman who bares it will be able to survive the child birth with the child. The child would be a powerful vampire and would be able to breed a vampire child of his or her own with or without a mark. And since you have the mark on the exact same spot....." He trailed off, knowing I would understand.