Chapter 11

The One Where Hamilton Gets Fired

(A/N holy shit!! 100 reads!!!! why do you guys like this lmao!!!)

John's POV

My alarm clock woke me up and I groaned. '10:30 am' I forgot to turn that off for break. Peggy was coming over today. She couldn't stand being with her family over holidays for THAT long.

And while her sisters helped, they sometimes ignored her to do their own thing, especially now that they're older. I looked at my phone.

[5 missed phone calls]

Hamiltrash❤️: John I'm sorry.

Hamiltrash❤️: Please tell me what's wrong.

Hamilton❤️: Is it about your dad? Or Christmas or something???

Hamilton❤️: Please answer me. Are you okay?

Hamilton❤️: I'll leave you alone just tell me if you're okay.

I sighed. I needed to apologize, but not now. He's probably mad and shit. I heard a knock. I raced downstairs in just sweatpants and a tank top.

It doesn't matter. We're both gay, and she's my best friend. "John!" She said, putting down her suitcase.

"Peggy!" I said, picking her up and twirling her. "I haven't seen you in like 36 hours!" She said laughing.

"I know!" I said, and put her down. "And I actually have an apartment this time so I don't need to tell my dad you're my girlfriend so you can stay!" I said laughing.

"Here, your room is down here. What do you want for Christmas again?"

She sighed and put her suitcase on her bed and sit down. "You don't need to get me a present, Laurens."

"I'm not getting you one, Santa is."

"Fine. Get me a fake leg so that I can call it Leggy." I was silent for a bit.

"Sounds great! And for food?" She made eye contact with me. "McDonalds." we said at the same time.

I was waiting in the line when I saw an all too familiar face. "Shit!" I whispered.

"What's wrong?" Peggy whispered to me. "That's Alex! I didn't know he worked here!" I said nervously. "Why is that bad?" She said, confused.

"We got in a fight. I'll explain later. Hide me!" I said, and when Alex looked at her she hid me behind her.

Peggy's POV

"Hey Peggy!" "Hey! Fun seeing you here!" I said. "What can I get you?" I looked down at my phone.

gay™: CHEESEBURGER AND FRIES AND GET US 20 PEICE NUGGET: TO SPILT

"Uh 2 cheeseburgers and 2 medium fries and 20 piece nuggets... It's not all for me! It's for my...boyfriend... because I'm a heterosexual. Yes."

"...Okay cool! That all?" "Yep! Thanks!" I said and awkwardly shifted away.

"PEGGY!" Yelled Alex. "Coming!" He handed me my food. "Here you go! Oh and uh- whatever John tells you, I'm not an asshole I promise." I laughed.

"I know." I awkwardly shifted away and walked backwards to hide John.

Alexander's POV

I decided that I could work extra shifts during winter break, and I'd get paid more for working on Christmas so it's kind of a win-win.

It also helped me get my mind off John. Why did Jack bother him so much?

If it has to do with his dad, I'm going to track that asshole down and fight him. "Hey Peggy!" I yelled, and any hope of forgetting about John went down the drain.

I was taking a customer's order when my boss ran up. "Did you leave the oven on?!"

"What no! I was making the fries and then I saw Peggy and- shit."

I ran back to the stove to see it engulfed in flames.

I pulled the fire alarm and water came raining down and drenched it out.

My boss came running out. "It's okay! Don't leave it's okay! It's not on fire anymore-shit I-I mean it was never on fire!" She shouted.

She looked at me and didn't say anything. She just pointed. "Go. You're fired." And I sheepishly walked out and didn't look back.

Don't answer: I got fired for burning the kitchen whoops got to get Burr up in here to sue my boss's ass. DISCRIMINATION!!! lmao

I almost hit send, but then I remembered we were fighting. I can't take this anymore, I want to see him. I NEED to see him. Did we breakup?

Oh my god what if we broke up. I got into my car and drove to his apartment. As I walked up to his door, I almost walked away, but I decided not to. Even if he slams the door in my face I'll get to see him.

I knocked, and then I heard "Coming!". When he opened he just looked at me. "Hey..." I said, and mentally prepared myself for whatever happened.