Chapter 16

The One With Mulligan's Drunken Mistake

(Mentions Of Past Abuse And A Gay Slur)

Hamilton's POV

"Why is it such a big deal for you?!" Yelled Laurens.

"We haven't even been dating for 7 months yet!" I retorted.

"I'm not asking you to settle down uptown and have 8 kids with me, just to move in! Why is it such a crazy concept for you?!" 

"It's just like we're doing everything fast! We're teenagers!" I yelled.

"I'll be 20 next month, Alexander!" Ouch, he called me Alexander. That's reserved for arguments, serious shit and sexy time.

"You know what I mean!"

"No, I don't! You spend all of your time over here anyway, Summer break is in 4 months, and you're too broke to get an apartment." He said, wildly using arm gestures.

"Hey, don't go there until you're working 3 jobs and having to maintain a 4.0 GPA, asshole!" I said defensively. "Oh so I'm the asshole here, Mr. Commitment Issues!"

There was a knock on the door. John sighed. "Guess I'll get it!" He said, and walked towards the door.

John's POV

I opened the door angrily, and froze when I saw who was there. "D-...Dad?" I said, quietly. "I-I'll be right back, Alex." I tried to yell, but it became more of a whisper.

I walked outside and pulled the door shut.

"What do you want?" I asked, trying to sound brave. "Well Jack, ever since you became a queer-" He said harshly.

"I didn't become gay, I was born like this." I interrupted him.

"Whatever, stop with the liberal bullshit. Anyway, I haven't had much contact with you in the past years-"

"Because you cut me out of your life when I was 16." I said, trying to sound tough yet again.

"Stop interrupting me, goddamnit!" He said, and gripped my arm and basically flung me towards the wall, and I collapsed on the ground. He sighed.

"Anyway, if you could stop being a disappointment and a fag for one second, I would like to inform you that the disowning papers went through, as of now you are officially not my son, not that you ever were." He said, and condescendingly held up the papers.

I backed away- well basically crawled away from him. It really stung, to be that much of a disappointment that your father can't stand to have you as a son.

At least before I could say I had a dad. He started walking towards me. "I heard you were dating another of 'your kind', Jack.", he says walking towards me.

"Dad, please." I say, immediately regretting it. "I'm not your fucking dad!" He says, and kicks me, I didn't even fight back. He's my dad.

I can't disobey him like that.

Mulligan's POV

     I woke up in a different bed, a different room, a headache, and somebody wrapped around me. Not exactly a strange occurrence since me and Angie broke up. Me, Lafayette, And Mr. Washington (ironically) went to a bar to celebrate him not dying, and that's basically all I can remember.
     Right as I was about to leave, I realized something. This isn't some random girl sleeping next to me... It's Lafayette.
     I cover my mouth to keep from screaming. What do I do? Do I pretend to sleep? Do I sneak out? Do I wake him up? I mean, I do kind of like him... Okay, really like him. I'll just fall back asleep and let him deal with it. Maybe we didn't do anything? Maybe we just decided to take a shower, and then fell asleep?... Who am I kidding. That's is definitely not what we did.

Hamilton's POV

     What is taking John so long? I want to get back to arguing. Did he leave? He better not have left, he's not a very good driver when he's angry. "John?" I walked out, and as I suspected he wasn't here. "John?! John?!" I yelled a little more desperately.
      Then I saw him. He was slumped in corner, lip and nose bloody, and and had faint bruises. "Holy shit." Is all I could get out, and I almost fell over. I frantically picked him up, and put him on the couch.

John's POV

    I woke up to a blurred figure putting a cold rag on my face. "Alex?" Is all I could make out. "Yes, it's me. Stay still." I tried not to wince as he got less blurry and my face got more painful. "Ugh, how are you still bleeding?" Alex mumbled to himself, and he got fuzzier and I went back to sleep.