Chapter 13

Christmas!

(Very loosely based on a really cute comic I found on tumblr that I can't remember the name of I'm so sorry.)

Hamilton's POV

I awoke to somebody jumping on my bed. Wait no, scratch that. Two people. "It's Christmas!" Said Peggy and John while jumping on my bed.

I rubbed my eyes, and threw a pillow at them. "Somebody's not a morning person." Said Peggy, then she threw the pillow a pillow back at me.

I walked outside my room, into the living room which had decorations everywhere. "It looks like a reindeer threw up in here." I complained.

"Shut up and open your present." Said John. I ripped open the wrapping paper. Holy shit.

John's POV

"John..." Said Alex. "Did you get me a computer?" I nodded. "You can't stay up writing essays until 3 AM on your computer from 2009." "Dude." He looked happy, but nervous.

"T-thanks! This is uh- what I got you."

He reached behind the tree to pull out a small box with holes in it. I opened it and I gasped. "You got me a turtle?!" He looked scared.

"I love it!" I said, hugging him. Peggy opened hers and squealed, and pulled out the prosthetic leg that was labeled 'Leggy'. "You actually got me one? I love it!"

Peggy gave us a Bob's Burgers hoodie, a giant gummy bear, and a sticker that just said 'GAY' on it, it was pretty great.

The bad part of today for Alex was Peggy and I singing Christmas Carols at the top of our lungs.

Angelica's POV

The whole time I wished Peggy was here, making stupid jokes that my dad got mad at but we laughed at any way.

All we did is eat and listen to dad be racist and talk about Donald Trump. There was a knock at the door. "I'll get it!" I screamed, trying to get out of the conversation.

"Well I'm just glad none of my kids are gay." Said dad.

Boy, has Peggy got a surprise for you.

I opened it. "Hercules?" "Yeah, uh... Could we talk please? Outside?" He said, rubbing his arm. "Yeah... Of course!" I said, walking outside.

"Ah, thank god for getting me away from them. I swear if my dad said anything about Donald Trump or gay people one more time I would-"

"I think we should break up."

Mulligan's POV

I had to force the words out of my mouth. "I think we should break up." No. Angelica's smile dropped. I hated it.

"Wait... What?" She was almost laughing, like she thought it was a joke. "I think that it would be better if we saw other people."

The words put a pain in my chest, and I'm sure her's too.

"S-so... The one person I actually romantically loved... My best friend since I was five... The one person I could trust... Is breaking up with me... On Christmas." She said, more like she was talking to herself rather than me.

"...Yes. I'm sorry, we can still be friends an-"

"And you can still be an asshole." She said fake smiling, even though she was almost crying.

She almost went into her house, but stopped. "Wait." She turned around. "Before we never speak again out of awkwardness, tell me one good reason we should break up." I had to lie. I had to lie for her.

"Because." I took a deep breath.

"Because I don't love you." She looked at me. No expression. She closed her eyes.

"G-... Goodbye, Hercules." She said, and with that she walked inside.