Chapter 11

Rosalie sighed as Dimitri fell asleep against her, she was angry at herself. She shouldn't have said any of that to him, she should have allowed him to explain. She knew he was angry back then, she would be too if she had someone like Christine as her mate. However, she was cheated on, but she didn't lose her shit.

She let it go though, what he did was in the past and she can't change that. She focused on their future instead, she knew she was that one thing keeping him from turning to his dark side again.
She remembered seeing a pack be destroyed by him just a few years ago. He looked so powerful running through the chaos, slaughtering wolves like it was nothing. She was disgusted by him back then, loathed him. But now? She couldn't hate him, no matter what he has done in the past.

"Dimitri, we have to head back. It's going to rain soon." She said softly, shaking him awake.

She watched as he furrowed his eyebrows and hugged her to him. He mumbled a few words before falling asleep again. She sighed.

"Dimitri." She said a little louder.

He growled softly.

"Damn it, get your ass up! I don't want to be out here when it starts storming!" She snapped.

He immediately sat up and scowled at her, she only raised her eyebrow at him. After having a staring contest with him he growled louder when she won. She only smirked and stood up. She then shifted and waited for him to follow, he rolled his eyes and shifted as well.

When they returned Dimitri tried sleeping on the couch, but she dragged him up to their room. She flashed Eli a glare as they walked past his room.

"Why the hell are you helping him?" The alpha suddenly snapped.

The sound of Eli's voice woke Dimitri up almost immediately. He instantly pulled Rosalie against him and growled at the annoying alpha.

Rosalie sighed, "Because I love him. I'm not expecting you to understand that though, you don't even know what that word means."

Eli's eyes darkened with anger, but Rosalie could careless. She walked to the room with a grinning Dimitri, closing their bedroom door behind them.

The next morning she woke up to Dimitri playing with her hair. She raised an eyebrow at him.

"Having fun?" She chuckled.

He looked up, "Yupp."

"So, what are we doing today?" She questioned, sitting up.

Dimitri sighed and sat up, "Meeting with Eli and patrolling the borders."

"Well, I'm going on patrols with you then." She claimed.

"What about the baby?"

"I'm no longer breast feeding him, hurts like hell. So, I have bottles for him. I'm sure your mother and the girls would love to babysit him."

Dimitri chuckled, "They're obsessed with him."

"Oh yeah, that reminds me, I have to go and check on him. Catherine had him last night."

Rosalie threw on her robe before sprinting downstairs, she skidded to a halt when she saw Harper holding him. Dimitri's mother looked up and chuckled.

"He's fine, where were you last night anyway? Felicity told me Dimitri had ran out of the house, on the verge of tears. Then you chased after him a few minutes later." She asked.

Rosalie sighed and ran her hand through her hair, "I found out what he did to rogues back then...I said a few things that I shouldn't have said."

"Well, we all make those mistakes. I'm assuming you two are good now?"

"Yeah, he's upstairs right now."

Harper smiled, "He has a history of mental breakdowns, so, whenever he just completely breaks you have to fix him. I've been doing it since he was eleven."

"How come he has these?" Rosalie asked, taking a seat.

Harper sighed, "Maddox was very tough on them, it wasn't until after he almost lost Damon, that he started being a better father. He wasn't terrible, but he wasn't the greatest."

"Dimitri was forced to grow up early as well, to become alpha. Along with the other twins. Maddox started training them when they were five...he didn't even introduce all their future responsibilities slowly. He just threw them, head first, into the stress of it all. It just got to him and he'll either have a panic attack or mental breakdown." She explained.

Rosalie nodded, "Is there where is his drinking issue comes in?"

"Yes, that's how he copes. None of the medicines worked on him, so, he turned to drinking once he was twenty-one. He refuses to get treatment because of those attacks and breakdowns."

Rosalie felt horrible for him as she registered all the information she had just heard. Harper noticed the sorrow in her eyes and frowned.

"He'll only get better as he gets older. Especially now that he has you." She said.

Rosalie smiled, "Thank you."