Chapter 18

"Rose, please, eat." Sebastian pleaded.

She shook her head, "Wh-where's Elijah? I want to see him."

"No, not until you're healthy again. You've been here for three days and haven't had anything." Sebastian scolded.

"B-but he's my son..."

Sebastian sighed and put the plate down, "I know, but Hazel is taking good care of him. We found formula in his baby bag...we're using that."

"Oh, that's okay. I've been u-using it for him." She whispered.

He watched her, she seemed so empty just laying in her bed. She asked for her son every day, but she wasn't strong enough to sit up. She wouldn't be able to hold him without passing out or her arms shaking. She refused to drink or eat, all she did was lay on the bed.

He released a breath and stood up, he walked out of the room to find Hazel. He found her sitting in the kitchen, feeding his nephew. He smiled a little at the scene before walking over.

"You used to be part of Dimitri's pack, right?" He asked.

She looked up, "Yeah, why?"

"I need you to call him, ask him what the hell is going on that has my sister depressed."

"I don't know...he's not exactly a fan of me."

"Why?"

"I'm Christine's sister."

"I said, twenty more laps!" Dimitri yelled.

All his warriors took off running, afraid of pissing their alpha off further. Dimitri sighed and sat down, a peaceful silence fell over him as he zoned out. His chest tightened as his mind drifted off to Rosalie, her words replayed in his head each day. Not only her's, but his brothers' as well.

Neither one of his brothers are talking to him, not even his sister-in-laws. Sage and Sara run away from him now, he hates seeing them so terrified of him. He had no one to blame but himself, he had caused all of this. If he had spent time with Rosalie more she wouldn't have felt that lonely. He watched as his warriors passed by him in a blur of greys and browns. He shook his head and sighed.

Once training was done he walked back inside to shower, he winced as pack members glared at him. He didn't understand why his pack was starting to hate him, he hadn't done anything to them. He continued walking up the stairs until his mother's voice stopped him.

"Still being a coward?"

He sighed and turned around, "What?"

She shook her head, "I didn't raise you like this, Demetrius. I didn't raise you to be as foolish as you are now. You're a blind idiot if you can't see how much that girl loves you. Even in your worst of times she stayed beside you, guiding you and loving you like a true mate. She left her mate for you, because her heart belonged to you."

"She mated with you and had a son, a son out of pure love. She didn't have him just to give you a heir like Christine did. She did it because she wanted a child, she wanted to have a family with you. She even loved Sage and Sara like her own. She acted like a true Luna to this pack. Do you know how she was when she thought you were dead? Didn't she say she was upset because she lost the man who owned her heart?"

Dimitri remained emotionless, but behind that mask was a guilty man. He hung his head in shame and sat on the stairs.

"She loved you so much and you turn around and kick her out of the pack. Even worse, you were going to give her to that disgusting alpha. Why did you even let him come here in the first place?"

Dimitri sighed, "He threatened to start a war if I didn't allow him to come over and figure out a deal. I-I couldn't risk another war a few months after the previous one. We weren't ready."

"I-I was drunk a-and was being stupid. I threw out all the alcohol. I-I....I hurt her."

His mother sighed and sat beside him, "I know you're hurting. A mother knows when her child is in pain, both physical and emotional. You love her so, go after her before it's too late."

Dimitri covered his face with his hands, his breathing became quicker as he tried holding down his sob. Harper frowned and hugged him.

"It's okay to cry." She murmured.

And just like that, he cried. He collapsed against his mother and cried, Harper hugged him tighter as he allowed his pain to show.

A few pack members walked to the stairs to see what the issue was, their eyes held sorrow as they saw their alpha crying. Harper gave them all a sad smile before motioning for them to leave. They immediately listened and walked into their rooms.

Seconds later, Maddox walked out to see his son crying. Harper gave him a sad look as he walked down and gently grabbed his son.

"Come on." He ushered him.

Dimitri silently followed his father, trying to stop the sobs. As Harper closed the door to their room Dimitri broke down again, this time, Maddox hugged him.

"Shhhhh, calm down, son. What's wrong?" Maddox asked.

Dimitri continued laying against his father as he calmed down enough to speak.

"I-I ruined everything." He mumbled.

Maddox frowned, "How?"

"I hurt her. I didn't believe her. I didn't...I didn't want to be rejected again."

Maddox sighed and rubbed circles on his son's back, trying to comfort him.

"I did the same thing to your mother." He whispered.

Dimitri frowned as he looked at him, "You did?"

Harper smiled as she sat down, "He did, it hurt like hell. But he came back and asked me what had really happened. He then apologized for everything. At first I was angry at him and kicked him in the balls, but then I just gave up. I was tired of fighting the bond and gave him a chance. Now look, I'm married to him, lead a pack with him, and raised four amazing sons. We all make mistakes, but sometimes, the best things happen because of them."

Dimitri smiled a little, "Thank you."

"Welcome, now, go. Apologize to her and bring her back here, along with my grandson." Harper ordered.

Dimitri smiled at his mom before getting up and leaving the room.