Chapter 29

After a while Rosalie got up to check on their son who was being watched by Harper. She ran her hand through her hair, her mind was focused on Dimitri. She was curious as to what had started all of this self confidence issue. Clearly, he was fine after he was eighteen, but something happened further in life that caused this. She had a huge feeling that it was Christine.

She knocked on his parents' door and smiled when Harper opened it. She walked in to see her son sleeping, she sighed and sat down. Harper closed the door and took a seat beside her.

"After he was eighteen he was fine?" Rosalie asked, looking at the woman.

Harper nodded, "He was fine for years, I mean, he would come over our house and literally cry on my shoulder. Christine stressed him out constantly, after she decided she didn't want to care for her daughters anymore, Dimitri took over. He was struggling to take care of the pack while caring for his daughters at the same time. I was only able to help a little, Maddox was severely ill at the time."

"Then he just....broke. After Christine left him he became even more stressed out, rogues were attacking multiple times and packs were taking advantage of his current state at the time. Then one day he changed, he became Alpha Black and slaughtered packs without a care in the world. He would make sure rogues and other alphas feared him at the end of each day. He became famous for it and packs stayed away. Then you came along and he was...happier again."

Rosalie looked at her hands, she started to put together the puzzle pieces. Dimitri had said he hadn't cried in ten years before their current situation, ten years ago Christine had rejected him. His pain was because of Christine, she knew all along. She knew that Christine was the source of all his pain and yet, she had ignored it for months. Ignored the signs of a depressed alpha, mate, and friend.

She was disappointed in herself, she could have fixed him a long time ago. She looked at Harper and smiled a little.

"I think I know how to help him." She said.

Harper smiled, "I knew you would figure it out."

Rosalie walked back into her room and climbed into the bed. She wrapped her arms around Dimitri and pulled him close. He stirred a little bit, but relaxed against her body.

"I love you." She whispered to him.