Chapter 24

Rosalie groaned as someone poked her cheek. When they did it again she growled softly, warning them. They did it once again and this time she opened her eyes and glared at her new victim. She relaxed when she came face to face with a grinning Dimitri.

"Good morning!" He cheered.

She opened her mouth before closing it, "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Nothing, I'm actually feeling great! They're trying to get me to eat green jello but it's disgusting and reminds me of boogers. Gross. But I asked them for strawberry so they're getting that, but I'm not even hungry. I don't want to eat, but they're making me. Hey did you know-

"Somebody please shut him up."

Rosalie looked over to see Xavier laying on the couch, covering his head with a pillow. She laughed before looking back at the grinning Dimitri.

"What do they have him on?" She asked.

"Some painkillers. Strong ones." Xavier grumbled as he sat up.

Dimitri looked at him and frowned, "Why are you here? I'm not trying to be rude, but I thought you hated me. Apparently most of my pack hates me too. I constantly screw up on every damn thing! No matter how hard I try, I can never be good enough. Don't you know how much that sucks? I really want ice cream."

Xavier sighed and walked over, he gently patted his brother's shoulder.

"I don't hate you buddy." He said softly.

Dimitri only smiled a little before yawning, Rosalie chuckled and stood up. She helped him lay down back down as his eyes fluttered shut. Once he was sleeping she looked up to see Xavier watching him with a guilty look.

"Xavier-

"I was horrible to him. I just snapped after the one day and...told him I hated him. That he needs to stop doing this crap." He frowned and ran his hand through his hair.

Rosalie bit her lip, "He'll forgive you."

"How do you know?"

"Because you're his brother and he loves you. No matter what."

Xavier gave her a grateful smile before taking a seat. He leaned his head against the wall and stared at the ceiling.

"Even though I was furious with him...I would have never hit him. Christine did enough of that to last him a life time. I can't believe over half the pack did it..."

"Well, they're going get a punishment." Rosalie stated.

"I hope Dimitri gives them one hell of a punishment. Betraying their alpha is actually a death sentence, but we can't kill almost the whole pack." He sighed.

Rosalie sat down, she grabbed Dimitri's hand and rubbed circles on it with her thumb.

"I don't know." She murmured.

Dimitri woke up four more times, the fourth time the pain medication had worn off. Rosalie had to keep him calm when the burning pain had sliced through him. His wolf was starting to slowly heal him since the doctor had an IV giving him the nutrients that he needed. But he would still be in here for at least two more days, she was hoping he would eat after he's released.

Every time they offered food he refused, telling them he felt sick. The doctor explained to her that it's a side effect from the medicine, but she's afraid for when it's just him.

Rosalie watched as he started to wake up for the fifth time, his eyes revealed all of his pain as he stared at her.

"Hi." He rasped.

She smiled and grabbed a glass of water, "Here. Take small sips." She instructed.

After a few sips she put it back down and sighed, "How are you feeling?"

"I've been better." He chuckled, wincing a bit.

Rosalie smiled sadly, "I assume so. How come you aren't eating?"

He glanced at her before looking away, "I'm just not hungry."

"You haven't had anything to eat in almost a week. That's not good, Dimitri."

"I know, I know."

"So, start forcing yourself to become hungry. You aren't leaving this hospital until you can eat a light meal."

He scowled at her, but eventually gave in. He attempted to get comfortable by rolling on to his side, but the second he moved a sharp pain sliced through him. Rosalie quickly comforted him and released a breath.

"You can't move." She stated. "Until you're healed."

He nodded, he closed his eyes and leaned against the pillows. Rosalie continued to run her fingers through his hair, keeping him relaxed.

"What are you going to do about the members who attacked you?" She asked quietly.

Dimitri opened his eyes and sighed, "They can stay in the dungeons for three days. They only get one meal a day and water throughout the day."

"Okay."

A few hours later Harper and Maddox walked in, concerned looks on their faces. Dimitri was only half awake, he tried sleeping, but he was too uncomfortable. Rosalie smiled when she saw her son in Harper's arms. The woman chuckled as Rosalie shrieked in excitement and held her son.

"Your brother wants to know how you're doing. The both of you." Harper said as she sat down.

"We've been...better." Rosalie answered honestly.

Maddox nodded, "That's what we told him."

A peaceful silence settled over them as they just sat there with Dimitri. He was able to fall asleep after a few minutes, escaping the pain for what Rosalie hoped was a few hours.

"Is he eating yet?" Harper asked.

"No." Rosalie groaned. "He keeps saying he's not hungry."

"He's upset about something then." Maddox voiced.

"Do you think it has something to do with our huge fight?"

"Probably, only he knows what's truly bothering him. He'll tell us when he's ready." Harper replied.

Rosalie reluctantly agreed and looked back at her mate. She took his hand in her's and rested her head on the bed. She frowned at how pale he was, even though he was getting some nutrients, he wasn't getting the full amount. He wasn't gaining any weight at all, but he was losing it. He lost a little bit of muscle tone as well.

Rosalie was starting to grow concerned over this.

Just how damaged are you, Dimitri? She wondered.