Chapter 45

Dimitri chuckled, "And why will I lose, Alpha Clark?"

"You're still bleeding from your chest and abdomen, you can't stay up for long with all that blood loss." Clark replied.

Dimitri kept his face blank, Clark did have a point, but Dimitri refused to allow one of the alphas take his mate. They would only use her as a toy and eventually get bored of her, that's how all of them were. He knew them and their ways, he promised Rosalie that he would protect her and always keep her safe, he's determined to keep that promise. He gave partial control to his wolf, knowing his wolf could keep him going.

Clark didn't say anything before lunging at Dimitri, he grabbed Dimitri by the back of the head and slammed his head onto his knee. Dimitri stumbled back a bit, but shook off the pain.

"What the hell are you doing? We should be fighting!" His wolf snapped.

"I'm letting him believe he has the upper hand. I wanna see just how cocky he can get." Dimitri replied.

He continued to let Clark beat him, but when Clark grabbed him by the throat, he had enough. He jumped up and kicked Clark in the face, causing the alpha to let go of him.

Dimitri landed on his feet and lunged at Clark, he sighed and broke the man's neck. He then stood up and took a shaky breath, his whole body was screaming with pain, but he didn't care.

He stood tall as he faced the crowd, he narrowed his eyes, daring anyone to challenge him.

"Anyone else?" He questioned.

He looked at the visiting alphas and realized it was only the one left. He then stared at his pack, waiting for any male to step up.

He smirked when one of his lead warriors stepped into the circle, his presence demanded respect as he strode towards him.

"I want to challenge you, Alpha Black." He stated confidently.

Dimitri nodded, "Very well."

Dimitri handed full control to his wolf and grinned, "Let's see if you can handle me in wolf form."

He could see the fear flash in the warrior's eyes at the thought of fighting his wolf. Dimitri shifted and shook out his fur, he pricked up his ears and waited.

The warrior studied him for a moment, Dimitri had an idea form in his head as he pretended to limp. The warrior immediately shifted and went for his 'injured' leg, but Dimitri dodged him.

The warrior skidded to a halt and looked at his alpha with confusion, Dimitri only tilted his head and sat down. The warrior bared his teeth in annoyance and ran at him again, once again, Dimitri dodged him.

Dimitri then turned and grabbed the warrior by his scruff. He bit down hard and threw his warrior against the house. The warrior whined when his back made contact, Dimitri could only imagine the pain.

Dimitri didn't give the man a chance to fight back as he attacked him again. He tore through the warrior's flesh, blood soaked the blond wolf as he struggled to defend himself against his alpha.

Dimitri shifted back and threw on a pair of shorts, giving his warrior some time to heal.

He looked up to see the warrior's mate watching with worried and fearful eyes, their four year old son was holding onto her leg. Dimitri sighed and turned back around, he walked over to his warrior and frowned. The man shifted back and quickly grabbed a pair of shorts. He seemed defeated, already knowing he couldn't beat his alpha.

"Do you submit?" Dimitri asked.

The warrior stared at him in shock, "Y-you aren't going to kill me?"

"No, you're a good guy, you have a mate and a child. I'm not that heartless."

At this the pack looked down in shame, the realization that they had hurt their alpha dawned on them. Their hearts were heavy with guilt, but also swelled with pride as Dimitri spared the warrior's life.

The warrior nodded, "I submit."

Dimitri half smiled and helped the young man up. His warrior hugged him and thanked him before running over to his mate.

"And this is why he's your alpha."

They all turned to see a rather tall man walking into the circle, Dimitri frowned at the mysterious man.

The man smiled and sighed, "Now, I'm angered by the disrespect in this pack. I've been watching how you treat your alpha, he spared your lives after you ambushed him. If that were me I would have killed you. But he's not cruel, he's kind hearted and cares for you. He loves everyone of you and you wished for one of those alphas to kill him."

"Tell me, what do you think those alphas would of done?"

No one answered, all of them hung their heads in shame.

The man nodded, "They would have raped your Luna, they would have cheated on her with other women, they would have forced Sage and Sara to become slaves. Elijah would be killed. They work like real wolves, you kill the female's pups so you can mate with her. That's how they thought. I've watched at how they treated the females in their packs. It's disgusting."

"You would have hated them, why don't you live a day in their pack? Their packs are starved because their alphas took the food for themselves. Omegas are bullied every day in their packs and their betas are killing pack members. Yes, Alpha Black can be cruel, but you need to realize that he guided you with love and care. Christine destroyed him, ripped out his heart and crushed it. Then Rosalie healed him and still is."

"Your Luna is pregnant, if one of those alphas won they would...her pup would be killed. Now, I hope you all treat him with respect."

The man glared at them before facing Dimitri, who was now being supported by his brothers. The man frowned at the amount of blood on the alpha.

Dimitri looked at him, "H-how do y-you know about me?"

The man smiled, "I'm the Alpha King. Of course you're guided by the council over here, but they're my council. My pack is in Europe. But I'm here because I heard of you, Dimitri."

"I need someone else to take my place as King, someone who can fight better than me. Which means I am challenging you, it's not to the death. It's whoever submits first. If you lose you keep your pack, don't worry." He explained.

Dimitri frowned, "Why me?"

"You're a very skilled fighter, you're smart and know how to pick your battles. You faced about six men in a row and killed five and spared the one. You have the heart for it, you'd be perfect. I need a powerful alpha to become king, I have no heir and no mate. Do you accept?"

Dimitri swallowed, "I...yes, I accept."

"Good, you have a week to rest...you'll need it with those wounds." He stated.

Dimitri thanked him before the king turned and shifted, disappearing into the forest's shadows.

Dimitri suddenly collapsed in his brothers' arms, the men quickly caught him and sighed.

"You're one crazy guy, Dimitri." Xavier sighed.