Chapter 1

Today is my first day of training initiates with Tobias and I can't wait! Christina already took me shopping for new clothes. ( That girl and clothes! ) So I am all set for tomorrow.

***

I am on my way to Tobias' apartment but when I reach my door there is a not that says, " Meet me at our spot at 7:30. - Four " Our spot is the rocks by the chasm where we had our first kiss.

It is 7:17 right now so I go to the cafeteria to get Dauntless cake. After I get it I spot Christina at our table. Last week she pranked me and said Will jumped into the chasm and it scared me half to death so today I will get my revenge.

I sneak up behind her and wait until she picks her water up and when she does I yell, " Hi! " she jumps so much that her water spills all over her. I can't stop myself from laughing when she turns around and splashes the remaining water from her cup on me before she does I doge out of the way so it lands on the ground.

Then a guy comes up to us and says, " Hey! Which ever one of you spilled that better clean that up! " I wasn't the one who spilled it but my Abnegation instincts tell me to clean it up. By now everyone in the cafeteria is looking at us. So after I finish cleaning it up I check my watch and it says 7:27. I turn to Christina and say " Sorry, got to go! " And with that I sprint to the chasm.

I see Tobias sitting there kicking his feet and say " Hey. " I climb down and sit next to him. " So, what did you want to tell me? " I ask. " I wanted to tell you that Erudite is tracking divergents more than ever right now. They created a new machine that scans and can read if you're divergent. We are in danger Tris. " So many things are running my mind right now and I think of what my mother told me.

" Oh. " is all I manage to say right now. I rest my head on his shoulder and we sit like that for a long time until we both doze off. When I wake up I hear footsteps. " When will they be arriving? " A voice asks. I know that voice from anywhere- Eric. " Soon. " replies a female voice- Jeneane. " Tobias wake up! " I whisper. He wakes up immediately. " Listen. " I say. " We are making more and more everyday it won't be long before every Dauntless leader has one. After getting checked of course. " Jeneane says. " Great. " replies Eric. Then they walk away.

Tobias and I get up and then he walks me to my apartment then he walks to his apartment right next door. We tell each other goodnight before walking into our apartments. When I go to bed I think about all that Jeneane said and go over it in my mind, " It won't be long before every Dauntless leader has one. " The thought sends chills down my spine. I push the thought from my head and go to sleep.