Chapter 16

When I wake up the next day our apartment is a mess! Broken glass all over the floor, holes in the wall, What the heck. I think I walk out and on the counter there is a note.

Tobias,
It's been so long since I last saw you, a shame really. I thought I would stop by only to find you sleeping, I had to make sure next time that I stop by you'd be awake, so I made sure to leave a trace of myself.
See you next time,
Marcus

When I read it I suddenly remembered that initiation was today. I wake up Tobias and show him the note. " Tris, I know we have initiation today but, I have to make sure he doesn't mess with us anymore. Sorry Tris. " " No, I'm coming with you. " I state flatly. " No, you can't, no offense but you're just too, too,... weak. " Now I have tears threatening to spill over my eyes. I let them.

" Wow Four, just wow. " I say grabbing a bag and shoving my stuff in it. " No, Tris I didn't m-" " Save it! " I say walking out the door and slamming it behind me.

I go to my old apartment and walk in. I redo my makeup because it is running from crying. Then I head to the net, Uriah and Christina are already here so the first jumper should be coming any second now. " Where's Four? " Christina asks. " I don't care. " I say holding back tears.

She opens her mouth to say something else but she is interrupted by a scream. A second later a guy wearing black and white hits the net. I pull him out of the net and say. " Name? " " Matt, and you are? " he says winking at me. " Not interested. " I say and Uriah snorts.

***

Initiation went quick today, I went to the dining hall and brought my food back, I pass Four's table in the way there, he isn't sitting where he usually does, but by himself, his knuckles and bruised and there is blood on his arm, he obviously took care of Marcus. Zeke sits next to him and talks, but he only answers in grunts. When he sees me he shoots out of his seat and sprints towards me, I walk as fast as I can carrying a full tray if food. Luckily my apartment is just down the hall do I make it in before he reaches me and shut the door behind me.

He softly knocks on the door and says, " Tris, I'm so sorry, I understand why your mad, but I swear, if I could take it back I would, I just woke up and I could barely process what was going on, good news though, Marcus will never mess with us again, please forgive me. " I open the door and see him in tears, we really do need each other.

" Tobias I,

Authors Note Very Important
Hey guys! This story is finally caught up! I will now update regularly. Thanks for being so patient with me. I will try to get Allegiant: What If? caught up next weekend, hope you like my story.

- KateEatonFourEaton