Chapter 9

When I wake up I shower and get dressed into a black tanktop, black leggings, and black combat boots. I get a chocolate muffin and meet Tobias in the fear landscape room. I realize he is also eating a chocolate muffin.

" His many fears do you think the best one will have? " he asks. " Well, maybe 12 or 13? " when I say it, it sounds more like a question. " That's exactly what I was going to say. " he says.

***

When the first initiate, Don, comes in I ask him " Where are all the others? " " Like I care. " he says. I rill my eyes as all the initiates come in a few at a time. When they are all here I explain to them what will be going on today. I let Don go first because of that smart-mouthed comment earlier.

When he enters his landscape I see his family at their Dauntless home. " You aren't brave enough Don! You will never survive here in Dauntless! " they say while slowly approaching him. When they get close enough they all tackle him while he screams for help. After a while of screaming he pushes them off and punches them until they pass out. The simulation is over.

***

After all the initiates have gone they all have the same look on their faces, an expression of pure fear. Luckily I have something that will cheer them up. " Listen up! To get you guys cheered up my friends and I would like to invite you to a game of Candor or Dauntless! " When I say that they all wear ear to ear smiles. " It will be tonight at 9:00 so make sure you're there, we will start without you! "

When Tobias walks me to my apartment I get ready for a very interesting game of Candor or Dauntless.