Chapter 4

When I wake up I take a shower and get dressed into a black tanktop, black jeans, and black combat boots. I go meet Tobias and we walk to the training room. " After training today meet me at our spot. " I tell him. " Okay. "

When we get there he tells them that we will be teaching them how to throw knives today. " I bet I'm the bravest one in here. " bets Emily. " I doubt it. " I say plainly. " Prove it! " she says. " Okay, stand in front of the target while Four throws knives. " I say " What? I'm brave, not suicidal! " " Well then you aren't truly brave. " I say. " Then you do it! " she hisses. " Fine. " I say calmly and start walking towards the target.

When I reach the target I press my back to it. I still don't reach the halfway point. He throws the first one, landing a foot away from my hip. Then the next, landing five inches away from my head. Finally the last hitting my ear. It stings but it was worth it to keep Emily's mouth shut.

Every initiate's mouth, including Emily's, is open. I casually walk back and stand next to Four. " Are you guys dating ir something? " asks a Candor boy named Corey. " Yeah, how did you know? " Four responds. " Well, you are around each other a lot and I see you holding hands past the dorms every day. " I didn't think if that.

The rest of the day passes like a flash so Tobias and I head down to the rocks by the chasm. When we sit down I start, " Well, you know how I told my brother I was Divergent a month ago? Well he said that the machines are almost done. The first model was finished yesterday so now they just have to make more copies. " " Well we just have to hope they malfunction or something. " Tobias says. " Well actually Caleb said he was secretly going to break break the model so they have to start all over again. " I finish. " That's good. " he says.

" It's been a long day, I think we should go to bed. " he says. " Okay. " I respond. I go to bed and think about how Emily better keep her mouth shut.