Chapter 3

When I wake up I don't want to wake up but I know I have to. I shower and get dressed into black leggings, a tanktop that shows my crows and black combat boots. I go to Tobias' apartment and knock on the door. He answers and we go to the training room.

Out of the 12 transfers we have only 10 are here so the other two are late. Emily and Jen, also from Candor. About two minutes later they enter talking. " Where have you guys been? " Four shouts. " Oh, you know, just talking. " Emily says winking at Four. " That is no way to talk to your instructor! " Four yells. " Relax, babe. " whines Emily.

" Jen, 100 push-ups, Emily, 300! " They start their push-ups as we begin teaching them how to fire a gun. Once the girls done I demonstrate how to fire a gun. I shoot seven of them, all hitting the bullseye. " Ha! You only hit the target once! " shouts Emily. " Come here Emily. " I say. She follows me to the target where I take out my pocket knife and wedge out all of the bullets through the same hole. " Whatever. " she mutters.

" Alright, you're dismissed for lunch! " Four shouts. Tobias and I head down to lunch and sit next to Christina and Uriah. " How were the transfers? " Asks Uriah. " Horrible, especially this one Candor named Emily, she has a thing for Four. "

" Wow, that must stink, but the Dauntless borns aren't scared to death like the transfers so they think it's ok to act like they're in charge. " says Christina. " That's the one thing we don't have to worry about but to add on to the stress after lunch we tell them about getting cut from Dauntless. "

I check my watch and it's 12:57, only three minutes left of lunch. Tobias, Uriah, Christina, and I throw our things away and head back to the training room. When they all arrive Four starts the speech. " Ok, listen up, just because you chose us, doesn't mean we choose you. You must earn your way into Dauntless, only the top ten initiates will be staying with us, the others will be asked to leave. You train separately from the Dauntless borns, but ranked together so work hard! " he yells.

After that we dismiss them to go back to the dorms. Tobias and I head back to our apartments and eat dinner. When it's late Tobias leaves to go to his apartment after a good night kiss. After that I go to bed and go straight asleep.

Authors Note

I just want to say thank you to etroyer for helping me come up with a great idea for this chapter. I would also like to thank you for reading my book. I hope you like it!