Chapter 13

When I wake up Tobias isn't in the apartment. I look at the clock and it says 10:47. Tobias is in the control room today and his shift is 10:00-5:00. After I take my shower and get dressed I decide to call Christina and see what she's doing today. She is free today so I'm going to her place. When I get there I see her sitting on the couch and I go sit next to her. We decide to watch a movie.

***

When the movie is over we decide to go grab some lunch. When we get to the cafeteria we see Uriah, Zeke, Marelene, and Shaunna. For lunch I grab pepperoni pizza, potato chips, a slice of Dauntless cake, and a bottle of water. I sit next to Uriah and Christina sits on the other side of me. I eat my lunch and watch Zeke and Uriah as they bicker in a brotherly way. I can't help the smile that spreads across my face when Uriah smashes a piece of pizza into Zeke's face.

When Christina and I are done with lunch we go back to her apartment. When we get inside we sit down and talk for a bit. " You know what I think? " she asks. " What is it? " I reply. " I think you would look very pretty if you dyed the ends of your hair red. " she says. " You think so? Well okay! Let's go! " I say standing from the chair.

When we arrive at the hair salon we look at the different shades of red they have. The one that catches my attention is blood red. " What about this one? " I ask Christina while pointing to it. " Yay! I love it! " she squeels. I get the attention of a woman with blue and purple hair that works here. " This one please. " I say pointing to it. " Alright, follow me. " she says so I do.

***

Once she is done she turns my hair around so I can see myself in the mirror. When I look in it I no longer see Beatrice, from Abnegation. I see Tris, from Dauntless. I pay and walk into the lobby where Christina is sitting playing on her phone. I clear my throat to get her attention and when she looks up I see an ear to ear smile on her face. " OMG! You look so pretty, I knee it would look good! " she tells me. I look at my watch and it says 4:40, I tell her thanks and that I will be on my way. She says goodbye and I walk to my apartment.

When Tobias comes in he looks at me and smiles, " Hello gorgeous. " he says. " So, you like it? " I say blushing. " No. " he says which makes me feel hurt. " I don't like it, I love it. " Then, the hurt in me is replaced with joy. I stand up off the couch and kiss him. We eat supper and then we go to bed.