Chapter 2

When I wake up my mind comes to one thought, " Today is the first day training initiates! " I quickly shower and get changed into black skinny jeans, a black tanktop that shows my crows, and black combat boots. As soon as I finish getting dressed there is a knock on the door.

I answer the door to find Tobias, he smiles and says, " Ready? " I tell him I am and hand in hand we head down to the net. We will be keeping our relationship secret until one of the initiates asks. When we get there we see Christina and Uriah there, they will be training the Dauntless borns. We hear Max give his speech and then we see a blur of black. The Dauntless borns aren't supposed to go down here but we aren't always there to know.

I pull him out of the net and ask " What's your name? " " Don. " he answers. " Make the announcement Four. " I say. " First jumper, Don! " We all cheer with yells when a blue blur comes down. After everyone has jumped, Four yells. " Alright, I am Four and this is Six! " " Like the numbers? " A Candor girl interups, it happens every year. " Exactly. " I say. " What happened? All the other numbers were taken? " She asks sarcasticly.

Tobias starts to walk up but I say, " I got this. " I walk up to her and say, " What's your name? " " Emily. " she says confidentaly. " Emily, listen up, if I wanted to hear Candor smart mouths all day, I would have joined there faction! " I yell. I start to walk away but then I hear a mutter that said, " Like I would be scared of you. "

I start to speak but Tobias says, " To have you know Six was first in her class and has the second lowest number of fears in Dauntless history and I wouldn't doubt that she could knock you out in a minute! " All of the other transfers stare in awe but not Emily.

" We will be your instructors! " he finishes. " Dauntless borns follow Christina and Uriah. Transfers come here! " We show them the dorms and tell them to unpack and that they have the rest of the day off. Tobias and I walk back to my apartment and talk for awhile until we get tired. He heads back to his apartment and I go to bed.