Chapter 10

Tobias comes to my apartment before we set out to Zeke and Uriah's. When we get there it is just me, Tobias, Zeke, Uriah, Christina, will, Lynn, Shaunna, and Marelene. None of the initiates are here yet. I wonder when they will show up.

***

After awhile of talking all the initiates showed up. We sit in a weak circle. " Okay! My apartment so I go first! " shouts Zeke. " Hey, its mine to! " complains Uriah. " Well I'm older and I said it first so I'm going. " replies Zeke in the same tone Uriah used. " Pansycake. " Uriah mutters.

" So, Shaunna, Candor or Dauntless? " he says. " Dauntless is my faction right? " " I dare you to go to the lit and scream ' Help! I lost my voice, please help me find it! " dares Zeke. " Challenge excepted. " she says. I follow as a witness to make sure she does the dare along with Uriah and Lynn. She runs to the middle of the pit and screams, " HELP! I LOST MY VOICE, SOMEONE HELP ME FIND IT! " She gets rude glares and stares as if she has mental problems and I find myself laughing so hard I have to lean against the wall for support. I see Uriah filming this on his phone.

Uriah shows the video tons of times making it really funny when he plays it in slow motion. " Ok, you, the stiff. " Shaunna says pointing to Lea. " Candor or Dauntless? " " Umm... Uhh... Dauntless. " she says but I can tell she regrets it. " I dare you bto chug a bottle of hot sauce. " Shaunna says with a smirk. " Really?! " she says excitedly. We all give her faces as if she has three heads. " Hot sauce is my favorite! I tried it on my hamburger on my first day here and it was AMAZING! I liked jut so much I poured the whole bottle on my hamburger! " " Well, knock yourself out kid. " Zeke says handing her the bottle, and she drinks it to the last drop. " Ahhh! " she says. We all start to crack up so hard we were crying.

" Tris, Candor or Dauntless? " asks Lea. " Dauntless. " I say cooly. " I dare you to take peace serum. " " How do you even know what that is?! " I shout. " Hey, I ask you the questions. " " Um, sure." I say. I let Tobias inject me and then all of a sudden, I feel REALLY happy. " Tris, its your turn. " says Lynn. " YEAH! IT'S MY TURN! " I yell then I start giggling uncontrollably. I get up. " Duck, duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE! " I scream when I touch Tobias' head and he gets up and catches me and picks me up and says, " Well, its getting late. Wish me luck with controlling her for the rest of the night. Oh, and Lea, thank you most of all. " He says the last part coldly. " Now, now, it's not nice to make threats. " I say kissing his cheek. " Yeah, whatever. " he says. We say our goodbyes and walk to his apartment with me still in his arms.

" I don't trust you alone so I'll take the couch tonight. " he says. " Ok, thank you! " I say giggling. I go on his bed and smell his pillowcase and it smells like safety. I remember smelling the same scent after my attack. Then, sleep takes me in.