"You're no fun, Princess."

Justin

I was talking with Brooklyn when Kelsey nudged her and said. “Brooklyn, why is your brother sending daggers at us with his eyes?”

We all looked in the direction of her brother and I froze when I saw who he was. A look of fear crossed Brooke’s features and she dragged Kelsey away from us. “We have to go.”

Nobody said anything else.

“Dude, she’s Reed’s sister?” Tyson asked after a few seconds of silence.

I nodded. “Seems like that.”

“Whoa bro, you ruined all your chances of getting the chick.” He said, patting my back like he was pitying me.

“Shut up. I’m not even interested in her.” I snorted, slapping his hand away. “And anyways, I doubt he’s told her about what happened.”

“He better not tell her. We have a deal and he knows what happens if he breaks it.”

“Yeah, yeah.” I said nonchalantly, not wanting to remember about it at the moment.

I looked around for Jaxon to leave this boring thing as soon as possible but instead of him I spotted Brooke with her brother, who was yelling at her with a fuming expression. I bet he’s telling her to stay away from me. For a second she looked my way and our gazes met but she quickly looked back at her brother. They seem to have a great relationship – sarcasm. I kept looking for Jaxon and I found him talking to some other kids and who looked to be the coach. I started walking towards them with Tyson following behind.

“Jaxon, we have to leave.” I said, switching my tone to a nice one and aiming to take his little hand.

“You’re Jaxon’s dad?” The man who seemed to be the coach asked me.

“No. I’m his brother.” For a minute I imagined me having a kid at 19. I shuddered, even though I act almost like a father to Jaxon since my dad is not here.

“Oh okay, I was thinking you were too young.” He laughed stupidly and I tried to laugh along but it sounded pretty fake. “Your brother is great, one of the best of the team.” He said happily, high-fiving Jaxon. This man was too cheery to my liking.

Jaxon giggled and I just thanked him before shaking his hand and leaving with my brother and Tyson. In our way to – guess where – the subway station I caught a glimpse of Brooklyn wiping under her eye. Her brother is a prick, I bet he made her cry.

“I met Brooke’s friend, Kelsey.” Jaxon spoke when we were already inside the subway car. “She was very nice.”

“Tell Tyson, he seemed to like her.” I chuckled.

“The chick was hot.” He shrugged.

Then my pocket vibrated indicating I had a new text message.

Come to my house later? I’m alone ;)

“Lemme guess…it’s Alejandra again,right?” Tyson peeked over my shoulder to see the text. “She’s so whipped man, you got her wrapped around your little finger.”

I quickly sent a response.

Sure, I’ll be there at 6ish.

I chuckled. “Yeah, I guess so. She’s pretty annoying though.” I didn’t want to get into details when my little brother was there.

“Brooke is more beautiful than Alejandra.” He stated, folding his arms.

We laughed.

“The kid knows, no doubt he’s your brother.”