"Have sweet dreams about me, Princess."

Justin

“Wait Brooklyn!” I followed after her as she made her way back to my friends and Kelsey.

Great Justin. You fucked up. Now she must be thinking you’re a perverted creep.

“Kelsey, I’m leaving so if you want a ride, let’s go.” Brooklyn said seriously, making Kelsey frown.

“What’s wrong?” She asked.

Brooklyn glanced briefly at me then at her. “Nothing, I just have to be home before my parents arrive.” Now I wasn’t sure if she was mad or just scared. Either way, she didn’t seem to want to talk to me.

“Oh okay.” Kelsey shrugged. “See you soon Tyson.” She smiled his way and he sent her a wink.

The two girls linked their arms and started walking away after Brooklyn had said goodbye to everybody but me. Very mature. I mentally stuck my tongue out at her then realized that wasn’t very mature either.

“What’d you do man?” Tyson asked nudging me.

“I crept her out.” I admitted sighing.

“Yeah, I already noticed that.” He chuckled. “And because of that Kelsey had to leave too.” He said annoyed.

“And?” I spat, not in the mood to deal with anyone at the moment. It was like all the effects of the drug had worn off and were replaced by anger and frustration. “You like her or?”

“I don’t like her but she’s nice to talk to.” He defended himself, although I could tell he was lying.

“Since when do you like talking to girls?” I mocked him. Tyson is more of the type to fuck and chuck, just like me.

“Ugh, shut the fuck up Justin!” He smacked my arm and I smacked his back.

“Justin! Lunch is ready!” Someone shouted and I immediately looked up to the only window of my house that looks at the park. My mom was there waving at me to come. I gave her the thumbs up to let her know I was going. I just hope she didn’t see me smoking.

“I’ll see you later guys.” I said half-heartedly and digging my hands in my pockets I began to walk to my house. I guess I’ll call Brooklyn later and apologize, even though I don’t think what I did was wrong. C’mon I know she wanted to kiss me as much as I wanted to kiss her. I don’t know why but the girl attracts me. Maybe it’s her innocence or her smile or the way we’re always bickering. I hadn’t realized I had reached our apartment until I came face to face with the flaking white door. This needs painting but who cares.

I opened it with my key and entered the house, instantly feeling the smell of soup filling my nostrils. I took my jacket off and left it in the coat rack, before kicking my shoes and leaving them on the floor.

“This smells good, ma.” I said, going in the kitchen and kissing my mom’s cheek.

“And it will taste better.” She replied with a wide grin.

“Why are you so happy?” I asked pulling my eyebrows together but smiling at the fact that she was so content.

“We had a hug donation at the ‘Social Work Office’ today.” She announced, stirring the pot of soup with a wooden spoon.

“Oh, that’s good.” I said, starting to set the table.

“It was a very young girl, probably younger than you and she came with loads of bags full of clothes to give away.” She explained, taking a sip of the soup from the spoon before adding more salt to the pot. “And they weren’t just clothes. Most of them were designer clothes.”