"I was thinking about how much my life's changing because of you."

Brooklyn

I stormed out of Justin’s car angrily, my feet kicking the pavement as I walked with unnecessary force. There were several reasons behind my anger.

Reason one: I had just been a complete bitch to Justin.

Reason two: I was an insensible brat yesterday for doing what I did.

Reason three: I was disappointed in myself and had taken all of my upset on Justin, making me feel even worse.

I thought about going back and apologizing but, when I looked behind me, the car was no longer there. I had to go to school anyways, I was already late for second period. I felt like curling up in a ball in the middle of the street and crying my eyes out but I kept the tears from falling. You’ll breakdown later when you have time, I told myself.

I walked the rest of the way to school and sneaked in using one of the lateral doors so the caretaker wouldn’t see me. I went straight to my locker, praying I would have some spare clothes there, even if they were for P.E. The hallways were deserted since students were still in class. I had ten minutes until the bell would ring so I tried to be quick. Putting the combination on my locker, I opened the door and got my gym bag. I slammed the door shut with the rush, cursing myself for being so loud.

As soon as the metal door closed, I was greeted with the face of my friend Kelsey leaning against her locker, which was next to mine. I held back a shriek.

“God, Kelsey.” I whispered letting out a deep breath. I was lucky it was her who found me or otherwise, I was screwed.

She eyed me suspiciously. “So you slept over at Anna’s yesterday?” She arched a perfectly shaped eyebrow.

I opened my mouth in confusion, frowning and not knowing what to say.

“I called your house and your mom told me.” She explained. “But it’s strange how Anna was here for first period and you weren’t. And you clearly haven’t gone home to change your clothes.” She pointed at my outfit. “Mind explaining?” She inquired narrowing her eyes at me, urging me to spill the truth.

I sighed loudly. “I will but now I need to change into something else.” I lifted my gym bag to show her.

“Okay, let’s go to the bathroom. The bell is gonna ring in five.” She used a serious tone like she was mad at me. I simply nodded and followed her to the girl’s restroom.

“Why aren’t you in class by the way?” I asked curiously.

“I got permission to go to the bathroom.” She said dryly.

Once we were both inside, Kelsey closed the door and locked it, making me chuckle. “You know, other people need to use the toilet too.”

She shrugged like she didn’t care, which she probably didn’t at the moment. “They can go to the other ones.”

Well, someone was grumpy.

I took my coat off and rested it on the counter next to one of the sinks along with my purse. I pulled my top shirt over my head and searched for some other t-shirt in the bag. I found a klein blue tank top that would have to do. After I put it on, I still looked too much like yesterday and, if people here notice when you wear the same thing twice in the same month, let alone in two consecutive days. I could change my jeans for some sweatpants but I’d rather die. Inside my bag there was a pair of trainers I refused to wear too.

“This shirt stinks of alcohol.” Kelsey scrunched her nose, smelling my purple top. “What the hell did you do, Isabella?” She asked in both bewilderment and amusement.