"Were you trying to make me jealous?"

I woke up the next morning with a smile on my face. Yes, it was a school day. Yes, it was early. Yes, I was tired. But I was happy.

I danced on my way to the kitchen, determined to not let anything ruin my day. When I had got home yesterday, after being with Justin and his family, I must admit I was a bit worried about him. None of my parents were home to bother me, Tommy was sleeping and Blake was on his computer, completely ignoring me. So I had calmly called Justin, biting my lip in nervousness about how he would feel. After opening to me like he did last afternoon and seeing how he was giving his father another chance, I was really hoping they would have a serious father-son talk.

He had picked up the phone on the first ring, like he was eager to hear from me. And, admittedly, it made my stomach swarm with butterflies and a grin spread across my lips. The first thing he had asked was if I had arrived home safe and sound – always so protective – and after that he had told me about the conversation he had had with his father when I left. My mind suspected he had omitted some details that he would rather keep to himself, but that was okay with me. We all need some privacy. However, I was really glad to hear they had made amends and were on good terms like I had advised him to. Justin sounded genuinely happy himself and actually had to hang up because they were having a family movie night.

I couldn't feel happier for him. He deserved to be happy and not tormented all the time about money, a father that wasn't home, enemies, worrying about his siblings and mother, about not being good enough...

Consequently, I had fallen into a peaceful sleep as soon as my head touched the pillow. I would worry about the upcoming exams, my punishment and my other problems the next day.

"Good morning." I sang, entering the kitchen and walking straight to the fridge.

"Since when are mornings good?" Blake groaned, holding his head in his hand on the counter.

I chuckled while filling a glass from a jar of natural orange juice María must had prepared.

"Let me guess why you're so happy." Blake suddenly stretched his back to an upright position, smirking lazyly.

I rolled my eyes, anticipating a blush creeping up my freshly made up face.

"Does it have to do with the fact that you were with Justin yesterday?" He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively, stuffing a piece of toast inside his mouth. He was starting to eat like a total pig.

"I so don't know what you're talking about." I muttered, playing dumb. "I was with Kelsey yesterday." I turned around to put the jar of juice back inside the fridge.

"You may fool mom and dad but you can't fool me." He stated, drinking his glass of milk all at once, leaving a trail up his lip like a mustache. "That look on your face you have after you've seen him is unmistakable."

I scrunched my face up in disgust and ignored him.

"Did I hear my name being mentioned?" Asked a feminine voice entering the kitchen and going straight for the coffee machine.

"I was just asking Blake were you were last night when I came home, mom." My voice came out sweet and innocent but my eyes were the opposite, sending daggers at my brother to keep his mouth shut, while my mother was giving us her back.

"Oh, I was working until 3 am or so. The whole office is crazy busy with the show on Saturday." She rubbed her forehead. I noticed dark circles under her eyes and her hair tied up in an improvised bun. My mother had always looked beautiful to me and I wanted to be like her when I grew up but I had always had my father looks. I didn't have her big green eyes or creamy coffee colored hair or her tiny waist. She didn't even look her age because she was obsessed with keeping in shape and using cosmetics. "And your dad was at work as well, as per usual." She shot me a quick tired smile, bringing the warm cup of brown liquid to her lips once it was filled.